#CaptureFairfield - Photography Competition
Fairfield City Council’s #CaptureFairfield photography competition is on again as part of Local Government Week 2018. The competition closes on Sunday 1 July 2018.
The competition is open to
Primary school students
Secondary school students
Amateur photographer (16 years and over, not attending a secondary school)
Professional photographer (16 years and over, not attending a secondary school)
The three themes for photo entries are in line with this year’s Local Government Week theme of the Power of Community. Entrants can submit up to three photographs for each theme, a total of nine photographs (see entry guidelines below).
Theme 1: The Power of Community Conservation
Photographs must relate to the natural environment of Fairfield City. This includes natural landscapes and waterscapes, flora and fauna, as well as conservation projects supported by the community.
Theme 2: The Power of Community Celebration
Photographs must reflect Fairfield City, its meeting places, celebrations and diverse communities. This includes local life, people and places, as well as events held in Fairfield City.
Theme 3: The Power of Community Commitment
Photographs must reflect the great work of our community volunteers and community service workers in Fairfield City. This includes examples of teamwork, generosity and giving.
#CAPTURE FAIRFIELD PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION
The winning photographs for each theme will be on exhibition during Local Government Week between 30 July to 5 August 2018 (displayed for approx. 6 weeks). The winner’s photo will also be published in the local newspaper, on social media and publicity.
Details on who can enter, how to enter and the terms and conditions are below. People submitting photographs must agree to the below terms and conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
The competition will open from Thursday 3 May 2018 and will close on Sunday 1 July 2018. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Please read the ‘Guidelines for Entry’ below and ‘Terms and Conditions’ before submitting.
Entry is a three step process.
- Read the ‘Guidelines for Entry’ below and full Terms and Conditions
- Complete the online entry form for each theme you wish to enter
- Upload high resolution versions of your images
You may also upload photo/s to Instagram using the hashtag #CaptureFairfield
- Access to Instagram is not a requirement to enter this competition. Entries are accepted via Council’s website only.
- Entrants who do not have access to Instagram, may still have their photo posted to Instagram by Council.
- Entrants will be required to fill out ONE ENTRY FORM PER THEME.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Entry is open to residents of or visitors to Fairfield City.
- The photograph/s must be taken within the Fairfield City Council local government area.
- Photographs previously submitted or provided to Fairfield City Council are not eligible for entry.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of three photographs per theme to be judged by the panel.
- Artwork must be original and photographed by the entrant. Fairfield City Council has a right to request proof of originality.
- Photographs can be black and white or colour and may include filters and framing.
- Photographs must be submitted via the online entry form on Council’s website.
- File requirements:
- Format: JPEG
- Resolution: 300dpi
- Dimensions: A minimum of 2000 pixels in width and height.
- If your photograph contains people who can be identified, you will need to submit a model release form (on Councils website) for each person in the photo. If the person is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian is required to sign the model release form on their behalf. If the person or people are part of your immediate family, you may sign on their behalf.
Photography Consent Forms
In its first year, Council's #CaptureFairfield photography competition attracted 133 entries that captured stunning images of Fairfield City.
The winning images for 2017 can be viewed here.