Aboriginal people from the Cabrogal tribe, a sub-group of the Gandangara tribe, have lived in the Fairfield area for over 30 000 years. European settlement began in the early 1800’s. John Brown Bossley (1810-1872) came to Australia around 1838 and practised as a chemist in Sydney. He and his wife, Louisa, purchased a large portion of land west of Smithfield Road which was a subdivision of Orphan School Grant. They owned one of the five stores in Cabramatta. In the 1840’s, Bossley built an English styled farmhouse on his land near Clear Paddock Creek. He called the property Edensor, after a village near Chatsworth in Derbyshire, England. This established the name Edensor Park after Edensor House.
Source: Bossley Park Primary School Centenary Publication Committee: Bossley Park Primary School 1890 to 1990.