Aboriginal people from the Cabrogal tribe, a sub-group of the Gandangara tribe, have lived in the Fairfield area for more than 30,000 years. European settlement began in the early 1800s. John Brown Bossley (1810-72) came to Australia around 1838 and practised as a chemist in Sydney. He and his wife Louisa purchased a large portion of land on Smithfield Road and owned one of the first stores in Cabramatta. He built an English style farmhouse near Clear Paddock Creek and called the property Edensor, after a small English village in Derbyshire, England. The region north of Edensor became known as Bossley Park. In the late 1890s the estate was subdivided and sold. The Bossley Park public school was opened in 1890; the post office opened in Quarry Road in 1895 and a Progress Association Hall in 1927. Migrants came to the area after the war with the Italian community particularly strong. They developed market gardens and poultry farms. Club Marconi was constructed in 1958.
Source: Bossley Park Primary School Centenary Publication Committee: Bossley Park Primary School 1890 to 1990 Frances Pollen: The Book of Sydney Suburbs, 1988. Vance George: Fairfield – A History of the District, Fairfield City Council, NSW, Australia, 1991.