Planning Exhibitions - Urban Design Study Villawood Town Centre
- File Number
- Submission due
- Friday 1 December 2017
- Council has resolved to exhibit draft urban design studies for the Villawood Town Centre including adjoining vacant high density residential land owned by the NSW Land and Housing Corporation.
Why has the Draft Urban Design Study been prepared?
To guide future development by recommending building heights to allow new development, provide for an increase in apartments and grow the local economy. The study aims to improve car parking, provide new laneways, pedestrian connections and public spaces.
Where is the Study Area?
The study area is located in the Villawood Town Centre on (land zoned B2 Local Centre and SP2 Railway) and within the Kamira Court residential precinct (land zoned R4 High Density Residential as well as Hilwa Street Reserve (land zoned RE1 Public Recreation).
What does the Draft Urban Design Study recommend?
- Villawood Place as the main street with active retail at ground level and shop-top housing above
- Buildings 4-12 storeys high.
- Housing for approximately 805-895 apartments above shops, and close to bus and rail service.
- Housing for approximately 400 units next to the town centre in a 30:70 mix of affordable/private housing.
- New civic space in the heart of the town centre.
- Wider pedestrian walkway from Kamira Court car park to Villawood Place
- Improved pedestrian connectivity to land located north of Villawood the railway station
- New local open space options on Kamira Avenue and expansion of Hilwa Park to allow future residents to access local neighbourhood parks.
Will land owners and the community have a say?
The Draft Urban Design Study will be on public exhibition for 28 days from Wednesday 1 November to Wednesday 29 November 2017.
Where can I access more information?
A copy of the draft urban design study and supporting information is available below:
- Draft Urban Design Study and Council Report
- A hard copy can be viewed 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday, at Council’s Administration Building,
86 Avoca Road, Wakeley
- Contact Council’s Town Planner Julio Assuncao on 9725 0222 during office hours, Tuesday to Thursday.
Where can I ask questions?
Council staff can answer your questions at:
- A community information stall on Thursday 16 November 2017 at the Villawood Senior Citizens Centre, 29 Villawood Road, Villawood between 9.30am and 6pm
- A landowner drop-in event on Tuesday 14 November 2017 at Council’s Administration Building,
86 Avoca Road, Wakeley from 4.30pm-8.30pm
- Council’s Administration Centre, Customer Service Centre, Monday to Friday, during office hours.
A copy of the draft urban design study and supporting information can be downloaded via the links below.
SUBMISSIONS: If you wish to make a submission please quote Council's file number. All submissions made will be considered prior to a decision being made. For any further enquiries in relation to any of the applications, please call 9725 0222. Hard copy of all items on public exhibition are also available on in hard copy at Council’s Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley (between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday) where your questions can be answered in person. Comments are welcomed during the period of public exhibition and should be forwarded in a letter, address to: Alan Young, City Manager, Fairfield City Council, PO Box 21 Fairfield NSW 1860, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notes on Submissions
Any submissions to Council are made publicly accessible under the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. The content of your submission will not be confidential, however, you may request for your name and address to be kept private and censored from any publications.