Planning Exhibitions - Urban Design Study Fairfield Heights Town Centre
- File Number
- Submission due
- Friday 19 January 2018
- Council has resolved to exhibit draft urban design study for the Fairfield Heights Town Centre
Why has the Draft Urban Design Study been prepared?
To guide future development by recommending building heights to allow new development, provide for an increase in apartments and grow the local economy. The study aims to improve car parking, provide new laneways, pedestrian connections and public spaces.
Where is the Study Area?
The study area is located along The Boulevarde, between Polding Street to the north and Beemera Street to the south on land that is zoned B2 Local Centre. The study makes recommendations about future investigation for open space for land next to the local centre.
What does the Draft Urban Design Study recommend?
The Boulevarde as the main street with active retail at ground level and shop-top housing above
Buildings 4-6 storeys high (with partial 8 storeys at gateways and significant sites with design excellence).
Housing opportunities for approximately 690-775 apartments close to shops, school and bus service.
Gateway treatments to define north/south entry points on The Boulevarde.
New civic spaces in the heart of the town centre.
New development accessed and serviced from new rear laneways with more car parking.
New local open space options to allow future residents to access a local neighbourhood park.
Will land owners and the community have a say?
The Draft Urban Design Study will be on public exhibition for 56 days from Wednesday 1 November to Friday 19 January 2018.
Where can I access more information?
A copy of the draft urban design study and supporting information is available below:
- Draft Urban Design Study and Council Report
- Fairfield Heights Town Centre Urban Design Study Final Draft
- A hard copy can be viewed 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday, at Council’s Administration Building,
- 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley
- Contact Council’s Town Planner Sunehla Bala on 9725 0222 during office hours
Where can I ask questions?
Council staff can answer your questions at:
- A landowner drop-in event on Tuesday 14 November 2017 at Council’s Administration Building,
86 Avoca Road, Wakeley from 4.30pm-8.30pm
- A community information stall on Thursday, 16 November 2017 near Woolworths supermarket (186 The Boulevarde, Fairfield Heights) from 9.30am-6pm
- Council’s Administration Centre, Customer Service Centre, Monday to Friday, during office hours.
SUBMISSIONS: If you wish to make a submission please quote Council's file number. All submissions made will be considered prior to a decision being made. For any further enquiries in relation to any of the applications, please call 9725 0222.
Hard copy of all items on public exhibition are also available on in hard copy at Council’s Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley (between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday) where your questions can be answered in person.
Comments are welcomed during the period of public exhibition and should be forwarded in a letter, address to: Alan Young, City Manager, Fairfield City Council, PO Box 21 Fairfield NSW 1860, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Notes on Submissions
Any submissions to Council are made publicly accessible under the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. The content of your submission will not be confidential, however, you may request for your name and address to be kept private and censored from any publications.