Planning Exhibitions - Urban Design Study Fairfield City Centre - Key Sites
- File Number
- Submission due
- 19 January 2017, quoting “17/18666 - SUBMISSION – Urban Design Study Fairfield"
- Council at its meeting of 10 October 2017 resolved to publicly exhibit a the draft Urban Design Study Fairfield City Centres focusing on key sites.
Why has the Draft Urban Design Study been prepared?
To guide future development by recommending building heights to allow new development, provide for an increase in apartments and grow the local economy. The study aims to provide new laneways, pedestrian connections and public spaces.
Where is the Study Area?
The study area applies to key sites within the Fairfield City Centre greater than 2,500 square metres excluding the Fairfield Courthouse site.
What does the Draft Urban Design Study recommend?
- Ware Street as the main street with active retail at ground level, commercial and shop-top housing above.
- Buildings 4-20 storeys high, with lower building height similar to those next to residential areas.
- Housing opportunities for approximately 4000 apartments close to shops, services, schools, bus and rail services.
- Architectural focus at key gateways, bookend sites and central locations.
- New civic space in the heart of the town centre and at the edges (Fairfield Forum and Neeta City).
- Improve the public domain and east west pedestrian linkages with the redevelopment of key sites.
- New local open space options to allow future residents to access a local neighbourhood park.
A summary of the Draft Urban Design Study opportunities and principles is included in this information sheet.
Will land owners and the community have a say?
The Draft Urban Design Study will be on public exhibition for 56 days from Wednesday 1 November 2017 until Wednesday 17 January 2018.
Where can I access more information?
- A hard copy of the Draft Urban Design Study can be viewed 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday, at Council’s Administration Building,
- 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley
- Contact Council’s Town Planner Edward Saulig on 9725 0222 during office hours
Where can I ask questions?
Council staff can answer your questions at:
- A landowner drop-in event on Tuesday 14 November 2017 at Council’s Administration Building,
86 Avoca Road, Wakeley from 4.30pm-8.30pm
- A community information stall on Thursday 16 November 2017 at Fairfield Library, corner of Barbara and Kenyon Streets, Fairfield, between 9.30am and 9pm.
- Council’s Administration Centre, Customer Service Centre, Monday to Friday, during office hours.
SUBMISSIONS: If you wish to make a submission please quote Council's file number. All submissions made will be considered prior to a decision being made. For any further enquiries in relation to any of the applications, please call 9725 0222.
Hard copy of all items on public exhibition are also available on in hard copy at Council’s Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley (between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday) where your questions can be answered in person.
Comments are welcomed during the period of public exhibition and should be forwarded in a letter, address to: Alan Young, City Manager, Fairfield City Council, PO Box 21 Fairfield NSW 1860, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notes on Submissions
Any submissions to Council are made publicly accessible under the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. The content of your submission will not be confidential, however, you may request for your name and address to be kept private and censored from any publications.