Current job vacancies - Operations Manager (Leisure Centres)
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.098 - closes 8/1/2018
Fairfield City Council is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to manage the Leisure Centres Lifeguard Team and the operations of the facilities across multiple centres. As a senior member of the Leisure Centre Team, reporting directly to the Manager, you will play a lead role in the running and development of the Centres.
The purpose of the position is to ensure that the Centres run smoothly and effectively while ensuring they are well maintained, safe, clean and operational. The Operations Manager is expected to receive and deal with general enquiries, manage pool surveillance, co-ordinate works/contractors, develop and implement operating procedures, prepare and monitor budgets, ensure operational compliance with policies and statutory requirements while providing input into monthly reports and supervision and training of staff.
- Managerial experience within Aquatic Facilities.
- Industry knowledge with at least 3 years experience in facility management,
- Manager, Assistant Manager or similar level.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a team.
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Pool Operations Certificate.
- Cert III in Aquatic & Community Recreation.
- Cert IV in Sport & Recreation.
Full details of the position are supplied in the Position Description.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 76 hours per fortnight between 5am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. Commencing and finishing times will be flexible and depend on operational needs.
- This position is a Grade 6, with a commencement salary of $77,122 p.a. being offered.
- A uniform is provided.
- A mobile telephone is provided.
- A motor vehicle benefit is available.
This position has been identified as ‘child related employment’ under the Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Manager - Showground, Golf Course & Leisure Centres, Mr. Ross Wilson on 9725-2333 or a position description is available by contacting Maree Holmes or Diana Stojanoska on 9725-2333.
CLOSING DATE: Applications close 4.00pm, Monday 8 January 2018.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860