Current job vacancies - Child Care Worker
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.103 - closes 27/11/2017
Salary from $55,371 p.a. (pro-rata) plus superannuation
12 month maternity leave | 14 hours per week
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support (including study leave and reimbursement) and secondments across the services. Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Child Care Worker to join our Business Unit.
- Diploma, Associate Diploma in Child Studies or equivalent (2 year full time TAFE)
- Current first aid certificate. Approved Anaphylaxis Management Training. Approved Emergency Asthma Management Training
- Working with Children Check
- Excellent communication skills including skills in managing conflict
- Proven experience as an effective team player
- Demonstrated programming skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Accreditation System and Education & Care National Regulations 201
- Two years experience in the early childhood field
Applications close on Monday 27 November 2017.
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the link below. Applicants must also provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended).
If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.