Current job vacancies - Child Care Assistants
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.104 - 27/11/2017
Reference Number: 2017.099 (temporary 14 hours per week)
Reference Number: 2017.104 (full-time permanent)
Salary from $51,835 p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rata)
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support (including study leave and reimbursement) and secondments across the services. Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ 2 enthusiastic Child Care Assistants to join our Business Unit.
- Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Asthma Certificate, Anaphylaxis Certificate and Working with Children Check
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in an early childhood environment across a number of age groups and service types.
- Experienced and confident in providing a developmental program for children aged between 0 and 6 years with incorporation of the EYLF, NQS and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, including conflict resolution and proven experience as an effective team player
- Experience in working with children with additional needs and from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
Applications close on Monday 27 November 2017.
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available to dowload from the link below.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply, follow the link below or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.