Current job vacancies - Economic Development Officer
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.106 - closes 1/12/2017
The role is located with the Place Management and Economic Development Division and supports Council’s ongoing investment in the City’s economic development and resilience and its presence in the Western Sydney region. The position also facilitates the development of policies, plans, frameworks, and key business partnerships as required supporting the strategic aims and objectives of the City Plan.
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) is responsible for monitoring, compiling and communicating key economic data, particularly regarding the economic vitality, sustainability and performance of the City’s business centres, estates and sectors. This information will guide Council’s delivery of an economic development strategy prioritising programs and projects across Council’s Delivery and Operational Plans.
- Demonstrated qualifications and skills in one or more of the following specialist technical knowledge/qualifications: Economic development, Office management, Project management, Communications.
- Demonstrated experience in economic development portfolio in local or state government work environment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in proactively identifying and integrating economic development objectives into the varied strategic and operational work across Council and providing an economic development advisory role to Council staff.\
- Demonstrated analytical judgement, creative thinking and problem solving skills to gather information and compile reports, analyse and present data and information for supervisors, management and field staff.
- Demonstrated skills in work task planning and time management including the capacity to manage competing priorities and adapt to fluctuating workloads and changing priorities.
- Experience in working with Fairfield City Council’s computerised systems including email, internet and databases with particular emphasis on Authority, PeopleSoft and Enlighten.
- Exceptional teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills including oral, written and verbal skills, for communication with a diverse range of stakeholders, collation and analysis of data and preparation of reports and presentation of information.
- Evidence of skills and experience working within a customer service environment with the ability to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction combined with the ability to respond appropriately to enhance customer service, respond to customer requests and meet customer service requirements.
- Ability to display confidentiality, integrity, political sensitivity and diplomacy.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Temporary position, 12 months, 70 hours per fortnight.
- This position is a Grade 8, salary range is $92,639 p.a. with progression to $102,256 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $108,515 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available and attendance for event weekend work is a position requirement.
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Tony Walker 0409 121 187 or a position description is available to download by clicking on the below link.
Friday 1 December 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860