Public Notices - Nominations sought for Community Representatives to Fairfield City Council's Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel (IHAP)
- Fairfield City Council is seeking Community Representatives to participate on the Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel (IHAP) to determine planning applications for certain local developments.
Community representatives have until 15 December 2017 to nominate for positions on the Fairfield IHAP.
The IHAP will consist of three independent experts and representatives of the local community. We are looking for a mix of people who live locally to join our IHAP.
Your role as an IHAP member is a part-time, paid role commencing in March 2018 for a period of up to 3 years. The position will be paid in accordance with rates to be set by the NSW Government.
You will be expected to contribute constructively to panel discussions, attend up to 12 meetings a year, and help determine applications for new developments in your area.
All community representatives must satisfy the following criteria
- Be a current resident of Fairfield Local Government Area and be 18 years or older;
- Have knowledge and awareness of the local government area and of the issues / concerns to the local community;
- Availability to attend IHAP meetings and contribute constructively to the determination of applications; and
- Willingness to adhere to the IHAP’s Code of Conduct and Operational Procedures.
Mayors, Councillors, property developers and real estate agents are not eligible to apply.
Any enquiries can be directed to Sunnee Cullen, Manager – Development Planning on 9725 0256 or Liam Hawke, Co-Coordinator – Development Planning on 9725 0274. Alternatively, additional information can be located on NSW Planning and Environment’s website (http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Assess-and-Regulate/Development-Assessment/Independent-Hearing-and-Assessment-Panels).
CLOSING DATE: 15 December 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must complete the Nomination Form - IHAP Community Representatives (available to download below) providing a supporting letter addressing criteria for membership. Email your Nomination Form and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward to The City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860 by the closing date.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860