Current job vacancies - Communications and Marketing Officer
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.110 - Closes 14/12/2017
Fairfield City Council is seeking an enthusiastic Communications and Marketing Officer to join its busy, friendly and dynamic team.
The Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for delivering a wide range of communications activities involving media, marketing, publications, social media, event promotions, website content, speech writing, issues management and other related work.
The Officer will work with key stakeholders across all levels of Council and also in the local community. The position operates alongside other team members to help the division fulfil its mission to:
- inform and engage with the local community and encourage participation
- be an advocate for Council, working to build and protect its reputation, and that of Fairfield City.
- Communications degree or similar (journalism, public relations), or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and emerging communications and community engagement approaches.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in at least four of the following areas:
- media liaison and issues management
- promotion and marketing of programs and events
- speech writing
- social media content
- writing, editing and producing high-quality publications
- website content management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with high levels of autonomy, while at the same time working effectively in a team-based environment that is outcomes focused
- Strong writing and editing skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, sensitivity and political awareness in a highly political environment
- Experience in preparing and delivering communications and marketing strategies
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week with flexible working hours available.
The position is a Grade 6 which has a salary range of $77,122 pa to $90,339 pa. Progression through the salary system is based on performance.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, Thursday 14 December 2017
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Lisa McDermott, Communications and Marketing Manager, on 9725 0884.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply online, please follow the link below. Applications should address each of the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications, and experience identified in the full job description available for download below.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860