Current job vacancies - Application Customer Support Officer (Information Technology - Full Time)
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.119 - Closes Wednesday 17/1/2018
REFERENCE NO. 2017.119
Fairfield City Council oversees one of the biggest and most multicultural local government areas in Australia. With 27 suburbs, 182,000 residents and a local community that speaks more than 70 different languages, working with Fairfield City Council is a chance to work in a unique, challenging and dynamic environment
THE POSITION: A full time position is available within the Information Management division within the City Development and Compliance Group.
Council is seeking a highly motivated, customer IT Support Officer with IT Service Desk experience and excellent communication skills.
This role is key in providing technical support to Council staff and equipment across a number of different sites. Your analytical skills will be used in IT problem resolution as well as liaising with customers with a view to providing alternate solutions. This role thrives on providing exceptional customer service, so the successful candidate will need to be both, IT and Customer service focused.
This position provides a high level of customer service to Council staff in the area of IT support. In addition, this role will assist the IT team in the delivery of projects and new technologies to the organisation.
- Information Technology TAFE Diploma qualifications or equivalent, other related studies and industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware troubleshooting in Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels; provide a commitment of service excellence to business units; and have the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to gain fundamental understanding of emerging technology
- Demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and promote formalised documentation of council’s systems and applications
- Experience or knowledge with assisting in IT projects
- Experience in dealing with a range of customer and service stakeholders
- Experience in a Desktop application and SOE deployment.
- Experience in diagnosing hardware and Software.
- Experience in diagnosing Hardware and Software problems.
- Citrix Server and VPN, remote access experience.
- Client/Server desktop diagnostic and support experience.
- Multimedia/Desktop publishing support experience.
- Experience in an Oracle client environment.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent full time position, 35 hours per week
- This position is a Grade 4, salary range is $62,826p.a. with progression to $67,653.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $73,591p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available on approval.
CLOSING DATE: 17 January 2018 at 4.30pm
FURTHER CONTACT: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Elena Devlin, Team Leader – Service Desk on 9725-0811.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from the link below. To apply, please follow the link below. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860