Current job vacancies - Speech Pathologist
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2017.120 - Closes 22/1/2018
Salary from $68,365 p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rata)
Temporary Flexible Opportunity for a full-time or part-time position up to 35 hours per week
Commencing February 2018 to February 2019
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development and, study support (including study leave and reimbursement). Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join our Early Intervention Team at Greenfield Park. Fairstart Early Intervention is a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and Helping Children with Autism, and Better Start programs This position requires applicants to deliver individual and group sessions to young children with moderate to severe developmental delay and or disabilities.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) with eligibility for membership of the Speech Pathology of Australia (SPA)
- Drivers License
- Experience in administering standardized assessments and implementing theoretically sound therapy techniques to preschool aged children with additional needs in inclusive mainstream early learning settings
- Experience in implementing and monitoring individual plans developed through a collaborative family centred approach with families, services and staff
- Qualifications in Adult Training & Education (eg.Hanen Accredited Courses)
- Experience working with interpreters and clients of CALD background
Applications close on 22 January 2018.
Please direct any enquiries to Children and Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the link below or the contact person listed above.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required (mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council. To apply please follow the link below.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860