Current job vacancies - Senior Development Planner
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2018.013 - closes 23/2/2018
THE POSITION: Council is seeking an enthusiastic and suitably qualified professional with broad experience in the assessment of development applications for a variety of proposals. A high-standard of inter-personal communication, negotiation and writing skills are essential. Experience in the assessment of complex residential, commercial and industrial developments is required.
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual capable of exercising delegation and case managing complex development proposals, preparing reports and attending the Sydney Western City Planning Panel (SWCPP), co-ordinating Council’s Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel (IHAP) in addition to directing and facilitating input into Council’s planning policies and strategies. Experience in mediation and urban design would be an advantage.
- University degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Town Planning or related discipline
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Experience in assessing complex DAs
- Working knowledge of all relevant planning legislation
- Ability to provide pre-development advice to prospective applicants
- Experience in the Land and Environment Court
- Conflict resolution/negotiation skills
- A valid driver’s licence
- Post graduate qualifications in urban and regional planning or related discipline
- Experience in urban design and principles of architecture
- Experience in staff supervision/mentoring
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 7, salary range is $84,728 p.a. with progression to $93,523 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $99,249 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available
- A Mobile Telephone is provided
- A Motor Vehicle benefit is available
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Mr Liam Hawke on 9725-0274 or a position description is available on Council’s website.
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm, 23 February 2018.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860