Current job vacancies - Traineeships Children & Family Services (13 positions)
- Reference number and expiry date
- 2018.016 - closes 19/3/2018
Are you interested in a career in early education and care?
Do you want to earn while you study and complete a Certificate III in Children’s Services?
Fairfield City Council has a fantastic opportunity for you to work with experienced professionals who will guide and teach you in all aspects of working with children aged 0-5yrs within our long day care and preschool services. The role is for a period of 12 months (duration of traineeship) which will combine work and training to gain a Certificate III in Education and Care Services through a registered training organisation. Successful applicants will be required to cover 50% of the training costs involved. Commencing salary is in accordance with the Local Government State Award.
PLEASE NOTE: you are INELIGIBLE if you have already obtained a Certificate III qualification or higher in ANY FIELD.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and drive to succeed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to study and course completion.
- Must be able to work rosters between 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Must be a permanent resident and over 18 years of age (legislative requirement).
- Have current drivers licence, or have access to own transport.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check Number.
Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Children & Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applications close on Monday 19th March 2018
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the role expectations listed above. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and Working With Children Check Clearance must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860