Showing 1 to 5 of 44 events.
Bushido Judo Club Canley Vale
Bushido Judo Club is a judo club with proud and very successful history. We are a diverse judo club accommodating children and adults from beginner to international competitor.
If your goal is to improve your fitness or lose weight, but you need to do something more exciting than jogging on a treadmill to keep you motivated, perhaps you should consider doing Judo.
Training Times are Tuesdays 6.30pm-8pm and Thursdays 6.30pm-8pm
- Date: 2nd February 2017 - 2nd February 2020
- Every week
- Location: 64 Bareena St, Canley Vale 2166
- Time: 18:30 - 20:00
- Cost: $5
Fairfield City Camera Club
Fairfield City Camera Club is a not-for-profit social club that meets at 7.30pm on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at Share Care - 26 Green Valley Rd, Heckenberg.
If you are interested in photography come along and join us for regular lectures, competitions and workshops.
Please contact: Greg: 0433 440569
Belinda: 0412 552726
- Date: 2nd August 2017 - 2nd August 2021
- Every fortnight
- Location: Share Care - 26 Green Valley Rd, Heckenberg
- Time: 19:30 - 21:30
- Cost: $50 a year
Fairfield Better Together Runners Club
"Will you run with me?" Free, weekly, a little over 5km timed runs (or walk). We are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. We encourage people of every ability to take part.
The course starts at the obstacle course at Fairfield Park, Fairfield NSW 2165, and finishes at Honour Avenue, Vine St Fairfield.
We meet every Sunday at 8am and the run or walk should take less than one hour.
**Build friendship while promoting healthy and active lifestyle**
- Date: 3rd September 2017 - 3rd September 2025
- Every week
- Location: Fairfield Park
- Time: 08:00 - 09:00
- Cost: Free
Diversity Gardens offers new ways for those with Intellectual Disability to connect in their community, develop skills and improve health and well-being. Various locations and hours
We have a new plot in a number of areas across Sydney and need help with getting started.
The Diversity Garden is for people with an intellectual/learning disability who want to meet others interested in learning about gardening.
We invite you to join us to participate in a range of fun and hands-on activities to add to our community garden space.
- An experienced gardening tutor to support in gardening activities
- Community gardens in different locations (Inner West, South East and South West Sydney)
- Weekly meet up (2 hours each week)
- Committed staff and volunteers to support individuals
- All equipment and materials provided
- Transportation or a travel buddy can be organised.
- Learn practical ways to maintain a small garden
- Learn to prepare healthy snack from the garden
- Improve communication and social skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Develop horticultural knowledge, techniques and employment skills Course content:
- General plant care
- Worm finding
- Plant seedlings
- Pest management
- Soil testing
- Meal preparation
- People with an intellectual/learning disability, from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Background, aged 7 years and above
- Have an interest in gardening
- Live in one of the following Local Government Areas: Inner West – Burwood, City of Canada Bay, Strathfield South West – Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden South East – Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Waverly, Woollahra, Sutherland Shire, City of Sydney
Small activity fees for participants who are socially isolated and or have limited access to recreation or leisure activities
If participants have NDIS individualised funding, it may be possible to access NDIS funds to attend the course. Please discuss enrolment possibilities and pricing with staff
Please bring gardening gloves, a snack, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
Please wear old comfortable clothing and closed-in shoes
- Date: 9th October 2017 - 1st June 2018
- Every week
- Location: varied locations (inner west, south west and south east Sydney)
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Small fees or participants can access NDIS funds to join
Introduction to Community Services
To apply please come to the information session on Friday 9th February 2018 at 10.00 am. Please contact Suhair Erimya for enrolment details.
This FREE course will introduce you to work in community services and build your confidence for future study.
- Date: 27th February 2018 - 5th June 2018
- Every week
- Location: CORE Community Services, cnr Railway Pde & McBurney Rd Cabramatta
- Time: 09:30 - 14:30
- Cost: FREE