Events on 27th Nov 2017
Events for 27th Nov 2017
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 events.
Diversity Gardens offers new ways for those with Intellectual Disability to connect in their community, develop skills and improve health and well-being. Various locations and hours
We have a new plot in a number of areas across Sydney and need help with getting started.
The Diversity Garden is for people with an intellectual/learning disability who want to meet others interested in learning about gardening.
We invite you to join us to participate in a range of fun and hands-on activities to add to our community garden space.
- An experienced gardening tutor to support in gardening activities
- Community gardens in different locations (Inner West, South East and South West Sydney)
- Weekly meet up (2 hours each week)
- Committed staff and volunteers to support individuals
- All equipment and materials provided
- Transportation or a travel buddy can be organised.
- Learn practical ways to maintain a small garden
- Learn to prepare healthy snack from the garden
- Improve communication and social skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Develop horticultural knowledge, techniques and employment skills Course content:
- General plant care
- Worm finding
- Plant seedlings
- Pest management
- Soil testing
- Meal preparation
- People with an intellectual/learning disability, from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Background, aged 7 years and above
- Have an interest in gardening
- Live in one of the following Local Government Areas: Inner West – Burwood, City of Canada Bay, Strathfield South West – Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden South East – Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Waverly, Woollahra, Sutherland Shire, City of Sydney
Small activity fees for participants who are socially isolated and or have limited access to recreation or leisure activities
If participants have NDIS individualised funding, it may be possible to access NDIS funds to attend the course. Please discuss enrolment possibilities and pricing with staff
Please bring gardening gloves, a snack, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
Please wear old comfortable clothing and closed-in shoes
- Date: 9th October 2017 - 1st June 2018
- Every week
- Location: varied locations (inner west, south west and south east Sydney)
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Small fees or participants can access NDIS funds to join
Management Committee Training
This Management Committee Training is for you if you are serving or wish to serve on a management committee.
Know your roles and legal responsibilities on a Management Committee
- Improving good governance
- Roles and responsibilities for Management Committees
- Structure and accountability
- Committee responsibilities
- Running an effective meeting
- Regulations and policy
- Legal duties
- Managing risk
- Strategic planning
RSVP Tuesday 21 November. Register at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/governancetraining
Please contact Phin Tang on 9725 0741 (Monday to Wednesday) for further information.
- Date: 27th November 2017
- Location: Fairfield City Council Administration Building
- Time: 09:30 - 12:30
- Cost: Free