Events on 30th Oct 2017
Events for 30th Oct 2017
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 events.
Diversity Gardens offers new ways for those with Intellectual Disability to connect in their community, develop skills and improve health and well-being. Various locations and hours
We have a new plot in a number of areas across Sydney and need help with getting started.
The Diversity Garden is for people with an intellectual/learning disability who want to meet others interested in learning about gardening.
We invite you to join us to participate in a range of fun and hands-on activities to add to our community garden space.
- An experienced gardening tutor to support in gardening activities
- Community gardens in different locations (Inner West, South East and South West Sydney)
- Weekly meet up (2 hours each week)
- Committed staff and volunteers to support individuals
- All equipment and materials provided
- Transportation or a travel buddy can be organised.
- Learn practical ways to maintain a small garden
- Learn to prepare healthy snack from the garden
- Improve communication and social skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Develop horticultural knowledge, techniques and employment skills Course content:
- General plant care
- Worm finding
- Plant seedlings
- Pest management
- Soil testing
- Meal preparation
- People with an intellectual/learning disability, from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Background, aged 7 years and above
- Have an interest in gardening
- Live in one of the following Local Government Areas: Inner West – Burwood, City of Canada Bay, Strathfield South West – Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden South East – Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Waverly, Woollahra, Sutherland Shire, City of Sydney
Small activity fees for participants who are socially isolated and or have limited access to recreation or leisure activities
If participants have NDIS individualised funding, it may be possible to access NDIS funds to attend the course. Please discuss enrolment possibilities and pricing with staff
Please bring gardening gloves, a snack, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
Please wear old comfortable clothing and closed-in shoes
- Date: 9th October 2017 - 1st June 2018
- Every week
- Location: varied locations (inner west, south west and south east Sydney)
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Small fees or participants can access NDIS funds to join
Make Council Your Business - free procurement workshop
Fairfield City business owners can learn about opportunities to supply goods and services to Fairfield City Council at this after-work Procurement Workshop.
The workshop will provide important information on Council’s procurement requirements and how to register your business with Council for future tenders and quotes for services.
There will also be the opportunity to learn about Work Health and Safety (WHS) and Environmental requirements.
Fairfield City Council buys a range of products and services that benefit our residents and our community, including:
- Hygiene services
- Landscaping – design and supply
- Pest control services
- Roofing services
- Catering services and supplies
- Furniture manufacture and supply
- Plant & Equipment Hire
- Contractors for Concreting and Minor Civil Works
Mayor of Fairfield City Frank Carbone encourages Fairfield City business owners to attend the workshop.
“We have established close links with our local business community, but there are still a number of business owners who are unaware they can bid or quote for Council business,” Mayor Carbone said.
“The ‘Make Council Your Business’ program has been set up to encourage our local businesspeople to get involved with Council.”
The workshop will give Fairfield City business owners the opportunity to hear about registering as a supplier to Council, responding to a tender, WHS and Environmental requirements, and procurement systems.
“Procurement processes can be difficult to understand, which is why Council is making it easier for businesses to make Council one of their clients through this upcoming workshop,” Mayor Carbone said.
Fairfield City business owners are invited to attend our free Procurement Workshop, which will be held after hours (starting at 5.30pm) at the Council Chambers in the Wakeley Administration Building. Light refreshments will be available.
Numbers are limited, so please register your interest at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccworkshop or call 9725 0827.
- Date: 30th October 2017
- Location: Fairfield City Council, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley
- Time: 17:30 - 19:30
- Cost: Free