Events for 1st Nov 2017 - 30th Nov 2017
Showing 1 to 5 of 39 events.
Hatha Yoga Flow Style Classes for Beginners and Intermediate.
Yoga is great for increasing flexibility, improving breathing, relieving stress, calming the mind, improving your sleep and toning and strengthening your body.
Your body will open up in ways it never has and you will learn a lot about yourself as you try things you haven’t done before.
Bring your own mat.
Bookings are essential. Contact Jason, the Yoga facilitator, on 0411 255 881 or call the Centre on 9728 4973 for more information.
- Date: 18th January 2017 - 11th December 2017
- Every week
- Location: Canley Heights Community Centre, 41-43 Peel St Canley Heights
- Time: 18:30 - 19:30
- Cost: $5 per session
Bushido Judo Club Canley Vale
Bushido Judo Club is a judo club with proud and very successful history. We are a diverse judo club accommodating children and adults from beginner to international competitor.
If your goal is to improve your fitness or lose weight, but you need to do something more exciting than jogging on a treadmill to keep you motivated, perhaps you should consider doing Judo.
Training Times are Tuesdays 6.30pm-8pm and Thursdays 6.30pm-8pm
- Date: 2nd February 2017 - 2nd February 2020
- Every week
- Location: 64 Bareena St, Canley Vale 2166
- Time: 18:30 - 20:00
- Cost: $5
Natural Skincare Workshop
Fairfield City Council is hosting a free workshop on Natural Skincare.
Have you ever wondered what is in the products we buy to use on our skin and how they work?
Have you ever thought about what you could be using as an alternative?
Come and learn how to make your own natural skincare products.
Morning tea will be provided.
For more information email email@example.com or phone the Sustainability Team on 9725 0222.
- Date: 4th November 2017
- Location: Nalawala Community Hall- Fairfield Showground, Smithfield Road Prairiewood
- Time: 09:00 - 12:00
- Cost: Free
Fairfield Better Together Runners Club
"Will you run with me?" Free, weekly, a little over 5km timed runs (or walk). We are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. We encourage people of every ability to take part.
The course starts at the obstacle course at Fairfield Park, Fairfield NSW 2165, and finishes at Honour Avenue, Vine St Fairfield.
We meet every Sunday at 8am and the run or walk should take less than one hour.
**Build friendship while promoting healthy and active lifestyle**
- Date: 3rd September 2017 - 3rd September 2025
- Every week
- Location: Fairfield Park
- Time: 08:00 - 09:00
- Cost: Free
Diversity Gardens offers new ways for those with Intellectual Disability to connect in their community, develop skills and improve health and well-being. Various locations and hours
We have a new plot in a number of areas across Sydney and need help with getting started.
The Diversity Garden is for people with an intellectual/learning disability who want to meet others interested in learning about gardening.
We invite you to join us to participate in a range of fun and hands-on activities to add to our community garden space.
- An experienced gardening tutor to support in gardening activities
- Community gardens in different locations (Inner West, South East and South West Sydney)
- Weekly meet up (2 hours each week)
- Committed staff and volunteers to support individuals
- All equipment and materials provided
- Transportation or a travel buddy can be organised.
- Learn practical ways to maintain a small garden
- Learn to prepare healthy snack from the garden
- Improve communication and social skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Develop horticultural knowledge, techniques and employment skills Course content:
- General plant care
- Worm finding
- Plant seedlings
- Pest management
- Soil testing
- Meal preparation
- People with an intellectual/learning disability, from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Background, aged 7 years and above
- Have an interest in gardening
- Live in one of the following Local Government Areas: Inner West – Burwood, City of Canada Bay, Strathfield South West – Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden South East – Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Waverly, Woollahra, Sutherland Shire, City of Sydney
Small activity fees for participants who are socially isolated and or have limited access to recreation or leisure activities
If participants have NDIS individualised funding, it may be possible to access NDIS funds to attend the course. Please discuss enrolment possibilities and pricing with staff
Please bring gardening gloves, a snack, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
Please wear old comfortable clothing and closed-in shoes
- Date: 9th October 2017 - 1st June 2018
- Every week
- Location: varied locations (inner west, south west and south east Sydney)
- Time: 10:00 - 15:00
- Cost: Small fees or participants can access NDIS funds to join