Join Council's FREE Seniors' Bus Tour across Fairfield City.
Seniors can discover Council's many services and facilities, receive a free gift and end the day with refreshments and a meet and greet with the Mayor.
We cater for all abilities and carers are welcome.
Please call 9725 0877 to reserve your place as numbers are limited.
Dates include Wednesday 9 May and Thursday 17 May.
Happening today, 23rd April 2018
Diversity Gardens offers new ways for those with Intellectual Disability to connect in their community, develop skills and improve health and well-being. Various locations and hours
We have a new plot in a number of areas across Sydney and need help with getting started.
The Diversity Garden is for people with an intellectual/learning disability who want to meet others interested in learning about gardening.
We invite you to join us to participate in a range of fun and hands-on activities to add to our community garden space.
- An experienced gardening tutor to support in gardening activities
- Community gardens in different locations (Inner West, South East and South West Sydney)
- Weekly meet up (2 hours each week)
- Committed staff and volunteers to support individuals
- All equipment and materials provided
- Transportation or a travel buddy can be organised.
- Learn practical ways to maintain a small garden
- Learn to prepare healthy snack from the garden
- Improve communication and social skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Develop horticultural knowledge, techniques and employment skills Course content:
- General plant care
- Worm finding
- Plant seedlings
- Pest management
- Soil testing
- Meal preparation
- People with an intellectual/learning disability, from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Background, aged 7 years and above
- Have an interest in gardening
- Live in one of the following Local Government Areas: Inner West – Burwood, City of Canada Bay, Strathfield South West – Canterbury-Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden South East – Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Waverly, Woollahra, Sutherland Shire, City of Sydney
Small activity fees for participants who are socially isolated and or have limited access to recreation or leisure activities
If participants have NDIS individualised funding, it may be possible to access NDIS funds to attend the course. Please discuss enrolment possibilities and pricing with staff
Please bring gardening gloves, a snack, hat, sunscreen and water bottle.
Please wear old comfortable clothing and closed-in shoes