Domestic and Family Violence
Domestic and family violence is behaviour that is used to control and intimidate.
It is an abuse of power that can leave people feeling hurt, trapped, depressed, despaired and/or fearful.
Forms of domestic violence include:
- Sexual assault;
- Psychological and emotional abuse;
- Financial abuse;
- Physical violence;
- Intimidation, threats and stalking.
Fairfield City is taking a stand against Domestic Violence.
Assistance and support is available for people experiencing violence.
- In an emergency call the Police on 000
- Domestic Violence NSW (24 hrs) 1800 656 463 or 1800 671 442 (TTY)
- NSW Rape Crisis Centre (24 hrs) 1800 424 017
- National Domestic and Sexual Assault Helpline 1800 RESPECT or 1800 737 732
- Men’s Referral Service NSW 1300 766 491
- Domestic violence is a crime
- Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Scheme
- Lifeline 24 hours Counselling Service 13 11 14
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence
The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence is a global campaign to raise awareness about violence against women and its impact on a woman’s physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing.
Fairfield City says NO to gender violence.