Families Together is funded by the NSW Department of Education and sponsored by Fairfield City Council.
Families Together provides parenting information sessions to mothers, fathers, carers and grandparents of children 0-12 years at no cost.
Information is available to carers who live across Fairfield, Liverpool and Bankstown local government areas. Sessions are held at various venues throughout the cities.
Some of the parenting sessions held through Families Together include:
- Guiding children’s behaviour
- Supporting anxious children
- Enhancing self esteem
- Positive parenting
Upcoming sessions for parents, grandparents and carers
Supporting Anxious Children
- Thursday 25 October 2018, 9.00am-11.00am
Staff Room at Fairvale Public School
83/99 Wolseley St, Fairfield
Fear is part of everybody's life, especially in young children. They have not yet developed coping skills and rely on their parents for support in those situations. Worrying is also experienced in all children - it is a natural part of growing up. Most children learn to cope with worries and fear. In some children worrying can lead to anxiety and can affect their learning and development. In this session parents will learn ways to encourage their child’s resilience, confidence and promote a positive attitude.
Bringing Up Great Kids
- Thursday 18 October 2018, 6.00pm-8.30pm
- Thursday 25 October 2018, 6.00pm-8.30pm
- Thursday 1 November 2018, 6.00pm-8.30pm
- Thursday 8 November 2018, 6.00pm-8.30pm
Janice Crosio Early Learning Centre
27 Belfield Rd, Bossley Park
The Bringing Up Great Kids program uses ideas of mindfulness and reflection to support parents to review and enhance their interaction and connection with their children.
Through the program parents of children aged up to 10 years will explore:
- Their parenting style
- Brain development in children and its influence on their thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Important messages that children communicate to their parents and how they do this
- The importance of building self-esteem in children
- Ways for carers/parents to take care of themselves and to find support when they need it
This is a 4 week Parenting Program - Please note you must attend all four sessions.
Bookings are essential and places are limited. Please call 0407 708 626 to book your place for either or both sessions.
Registrations will not be accepted on the evenings. Please note child minding is unavailable for these information sessions.