Families Together is funded by the NSW Department of Education and sponsored by Fairfield City Council.
Families Together provides parenting information sessions to mothers, fathers, carers and grandparents of children 0-12 years at no cost.
Information is available to carers who live across Fairfield, Liverpool and Bankstown local government areas. Sessions are held at various venues throughout the cities.
Some of the parenting sessions held through Families Together include:
- Guiding children’s behaviour
- Supporting anxious children
- Enhancing self esteem
- Positive parenting
Upcoming sessions for parents, grandparents and carers
Bringing Up Great Kids
The Bringing Up Great Kids program uses ideas of mindfulness and reflection to support parents to review and enhance their interaction and connection with their children.
Through the program parents, grandparents and carers of 0 -10 year olds will explore:
- Your parenting / caring style
- Brain development in children and its influence on their thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Important messages that children communicate to their parents and how they do this
- The importance of building self-esteem in children
- Ways for carers/parents to take care of themselves and to find support when they need it
The program is being run in partnership between Families Together and Fairfield/Liverpool Supported Playgroups, and will be facilitated by:
- Dina Greenland – Families Together - Fairfield City Council
- Debbie Nguyen – Fairfield/Liverpool Supported Playgroups - Fairfield City Council
This four-week parenting program will be held on Thursdays from 29 March - 19 April at 6pm-8.30pm at the Family Services Building, 1 Pevensey St, Canley Vale. All four sessions are compulsory.
Bookings are essential and places are limited. Please call 0407 708 626 to book your place. Registrations will not be accepted on the evenings. Please note child minding is unavailable for this information session.
Child Anxiety Information Session
Canley Heights Public School, in partnership with Families Together and Fairfield Community Health, invites parents, carers and grandparents with children up to the age of 12 to an information session on children's anxiety, presented by clinical psychologist Kathleen Mairet.
The session will be held on Wednesday 11 April 2018, 9.15am - 11.15am at the Canley Heights Public School Hall, 111 Cambridge St, Canley Heights.
For more information and to RSVP please view this form.