Families Together is funded by the NSW Department of Education and sponsored by Fairfield City Council.
Families Together provides parenting information sessions to mothers, fathers, carers and grandparents of children 0-12 years at no cost.
Information is available to carers who live across Fairfield, Liverpool and Bankstown local government areas. Sessions are held at various venues throughout the cities.
Some of the parenting sessions held through Families Together include:
- Guiding children’s behaviour
- Supporting anxious children
- Enhancing self esteem
- Positive parenting
Upcoming sessions for parents, grandparents and carers
Families Together has partnered with South West Sydney Early Childhood Intervention Coordination Program for the below information sessions.
Both sessions will be held on Tuesday 24 May 2018 at the Elizabeth Room, Mounties, 101 Meadows Rd, Mount Pritchard.
The sessions will be facilitated by:
- Teresita Borthwick - Sydney Catholic Schools
- Lyn Hickman and Robyn Sheen - NSW Department of Education
Getting your child ready for school
6.30pm - 7.30pm
- the importance of relationships
- the transition to school process
- pre-reading, language and numeracy skills
School Options for children with additional needs
7.30pm - 8.30pm
- the transition to school process for children with additional needs
Bookings are essential and places are limited.
Please call 0407 708 626 to book your place for either or both sessions. Registrations will not be accepted on the evenings. Please note child minding is unavailable for this information session.