Appeal a parking fine

Fairfield City Council has a contractual agreement with the State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) to review all disputes for penalty infringement notices issued by Council.

As Council is the issuing authority it is inappropriate for us to review disputes and all such matters must be referred to the State Debt Recovery Office. Information can be obtained from their website.

The SDRO is able to put a “hold” on the penalty notice and may contact Council for further information, such as clarification of notes, or photographs of the alleged offence. They will then make a decision on the review and contact the client in writing.

Council will not directly review any penalty infringement notices.

Fairfield City Council does have a process where photographs of parking offences may be requested by the registered owner of the vehicle, but this is a “service” supplied by Council and is separate from the review process.