Fairstart Early Intervention has been providing specialised support and services for young children with additional needs for over 25 years.
Fairstart Early Intervention provides a range of intervention supports that are designed to meet the individual needs of the child, their families and communities, in order to promote development, wellbeing and community participation.
Fairstart works in partnership with families and service providers to support the development and inclusion of young children with disabilities in their natural environments and in their everyday experiences and activities.
Fairstart Early Intervention assists families to learn how to support and nurture their child’s development, and how to adapt positively to having a child with a disability or a developmental delay. Families are empowered to embrace this crucial period of early childhood development by providing positive learning experiences that lay the foundations of future development.
Fairstart Early Intervention:
- Provides information and support that addresses the individual needs of the child and family
- Delivers regular play-based education and therapy sessions based on the individualised family service plan (IFSP) and individual educational plan (IEP)
- Administers standardised and play-based assessments for children
- Provides transition support for children and their families to the next educational setting
- Supports families to access other services
- Collaborates with local early childhood education and care services, other child and family services and the broader community to improve access and participation of children with disabilities and developmental delays
- Provides translation and interpretation services for families where English is not the first language
- Provides education, training and workshops for families through Hanen-trained facilitators and Stepping Stones Triple P practitioners
Specialist early childhood intervention services are offered by a range of personnel and are delivered in various locations, including Fairstart Early Intervention’s clinic, the child’s home, preschool, long day-care centre or school and in other community settings.