Apply for Child Care
We provide a variety of early education and care options to families.
If you would like your child to attend one of our Long Day Care services or Preschools, you must first add your child’s name to our Centralised Wait List.
Council must comply with the Priority of Access Guidelines as determined by the Federal Government.
The priorities are:
- Priority One - A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- Priority Two - A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Act.
- Priority Three - Any other child.
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- children with disabilities
- children from low-income families (e.g. low-income health care card)
- children who have English as a second language
- children at risk of significant harm (child protection perspective)
- children who are at least 4 years old on or before 31 July in that preschool year and not yet in compulsory schooling
- Children who are at least 3 years old on or before 31 July and from a disadvantaged background (i.e. family holding a low income Health Care Card or is Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander).
You can add your child to our centralised wait list via the self-add Hubworks link: https://fffairfield.hubworks.com.au/
You have the option of selecting one or multiple child care services within the single entry.
We charge a $20 wait list fee. This is a one-off, non-refundable administration fee. It is a flat fee and not charged per number of services chosen.
Once you have added your child to our wait list, an invoice will be emailed or posted to you. Be aware that your child’s name will not be confirmed on our waiting list until payment has been received.
Alternatively, if you prefer to complete a paper waiting list application, you can download the form below and take it to any of our child care services where you can also pay the wait list fee.