Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How do I pay my childcare fees?

A:  Payments are deducted from a nominated bank account via Ipay on a fortnightly basis each Thursday. 


Q:  Do I have to pay for Public Holidays?

A:  No, we do not charge if the centre is closed for public holidays. 


Q:  Am I eligible for the Child Care Rebate?

A:  If you are a working family you will be eligible for the 50% rebate. You may also be eligible for Child Care Benefit. Full information can be found at


Q:  How many days a year can my child be absent from child care?

A:  The Government will allow you 42 days each financial year. Should you exceed 42 days, you will lose your CCB (Child Care Benefit) for any days exceeding 42 and you will be required to pay full fees for the extra days.


Q:  Do I have to pay if I take my child on an extended holiday?

A:  Yes, if you wish to retain your child’s position, you must pay for each day they are absent.


Q:  Does the service close during school holidays?

A:  We do not close throughout the year. Long Day Care services close for three weeks over the Christmas/New Year break and Preschools close for four weeks. Families are advised of our closing and opening days during the year. You will not be charged for any days that we are closed.


Q:  How can I change my child’s days if my care requirements change?

A:  First, you must speak with your Centre Director. If a change of days is possible, you will be given a form to complete.


Q:  What do I have to do if I want to leave the service?

A: You are required to give the Service two weeks' written notice. If you do not give two weeks' notice, your bond will be forfeited. You must also ensure that your child attends child care on their last day. If your child is absent on their last day, CCB will not be paid and you will be required to pay full fees. This may then cause you to forfeit your bond.


Q:  Can I bring my child to child care if they are sick?

A:  No, you must keep your child at home if they have any of the following symptoms: fever, diarrhoea, cold or flu symptoms, rash, broken or swollen limbs, headache.


Q:  What do I need to do before my child returns to child care after an illness?

A:  If your child suffered an infectious disease, you must provide a clearance certificate from your child’s doctor. If your child suffered from diarrhoea, you must keep your child home for one day after the symptoms have ceased.


Q:  My child has additional needs. Can they still attend the ELC?

A:  Yes. You will need to place your child on to our Waiting List and, when a position is offered, the Centre Director will ask you to attend the service to discuss your child’s needs and transitioning into child care.


Q:  My child has additional needs. What support can they receive?

A:  Your child’s needs will be assessed and we will discuss how best we can offer support through referrals and treatment through health and early childhood professionals.


Q:  What other children’s services does FCC provide?

A: Fairstart (Early Intervention), Supported Playgroups