Why Choose Family Day Care?
Fairfield City Family Day Care (FDC) exceeds in National Quality Standards.
For more than 40 years, Fairfield Council has proudly provided a unique form of home-based child care known as "Family Day Care", which provides a familiar, safe and secure learning environment with a maximum of four children (0-5 yrs) in care.
Current research confirms the importance of strong relationships with significant adults to a child’s early learning; Family Day Care’s small group environment facilitates strong bonds and promotes effective early learning and social development.
Family Day Care can offer care during standard working hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and, in some cases, overnight and weekends. It provides education and care for children from babies to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
Family day care educators are approved early childhood education and care professionals who engage in the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). The educator providers are resourced and supported by Fairfield Council's Co-ordination Unit team.
- Family day care can provide education and care for children from babies to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- Family day care provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.
Did you know that across Australia:
- Family Day Care has operated for more than 40 years.
- More than 120,680* families use Family Day Care.
- More than 211,700* children are enrolled in Family Day Care.
- There are more than 21,000** Family Day Care educators.
- There are more than 914* Family Day Care approved services.
- Family Day Care is the major provider of regulated, flexible, non-standard hours childcare.
Would you like to know more information about our Family Day Care educators?