The Dutton Plaza development is delivering long-term financial sustainability with community benefits through the better use of its asset.
The new three-storey building provides retail and office space, community facilities and 275 car spaces, delivering new and improved facilities in Dutton Lane and for Cabramatta Town Centre.
The site also features a new public open space element on the eastern end, which is used for cultural, retail, business, tourism or entertainment activities.
Dutton Plaza is Fairfield Council’s first foray into a retail development and finished second in the Urban Design section of the 2017 NSW Architecture Awards in July 2017.
The council-owned building in Cabramatta was recgonised by Australia’s peak body for architects for its transformation and unique design features.
The judges were impressed with a range of elements of the building.
• The connectivity the Plaza brought to the surrounding buildings and area.
• The building fabric, particularly the thought process behind the selection of the colour and screen pattern for the facade.
• The fold-up doors integrating the retail space to the outdoor.
• The transformation of the old car park and its inherit traffic and vehicular problems.
• The fact that Council took an entrepreneurial role to build and retain the asset as an investment for the community to benefit.
General enquiries: Group Manager – Place, Infrastructure and Operations - (02) 9725 0239
Leasing enquiries: Senior Property Advisor - (02)9725 0325
Building enquiries: Hindmarsh Constructions - (02) 9274 1100