#CaptureFairfield winners announced
Published Wednesday, 26th July 2017
The winners of the inaugural #CaptureFairfield photography competition were announced at Fairfield City Council’s meeting on Tuesday 25 July and presented with their prizes.
In its first year, Council’s photography competition attracted 133 entries that captured stunning images of Fairfield City.
Mayor of Fairfield City Frank Carbone said he was impressed by the entries, which had motivated people to discover some of our City’s hidden gems.
“I congratulate everyone who submitted their photographs and hope the competition has inspired people to go outdoors and take in the beauty of our City,” Mayor Carbone said.
“The images captured our City in a light we haven’t seen before. As I looked through each entry I felt great pride for our City and its people.
“I would like to thank everyone who participated. We are thrilled by the huge response from the community and look forward to many more entries in future years.
The winners for the Diversity category are:
- Natasha Win – Primary School student – Watching over my Sister
- Tina Tran – Secondary School student – Sun setting over Bonnyrigg Park
- Asher Mendigorin – Amateur Photographer – A smile that tells a good story – the life of a refugee migrant
- Ryan Saez – Professional Photographer – Take Your Order
The winners for the Discovery category are:
- Dibe Chaker – Primary School student – Water droplets
- Vesna Arbanas – Amateur Photographer – One Sunday Morning, Orphan School Creek
- Alex Benetel – Professional Photographer – Spring’s Golden Hour, Western Sydney Parklands
The winning photographs will be on display during 31 July–6 August 2017 at mobile offices being held for Local Government Week at Wetherill Park Library, Whitlam Library, and on the outdoor screen at The Crescent Plaza in Fairfield.
The mobile offices will be at the following locations and times:
- Dutton Plaza, Cabramatta - Monday 31 July, 10am-1pm
- Bonnyrigg Plaza, Bonnyrigg – Wednesday 2 August, 10am-1pm
- Neeta City, Fairfield – Thursday 3 August, 10am-1pm
- Stockland, Wetherill Park - Friday 4 August, 10am-1pm
Council has also compiled a photobook containing many of the entries received. Visit www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/capturefairfield to view the book.