Draft Plan of Management for Fairfield Showground Public Hearing
Published Tuesday, 15th May 2018
A public hearing into the proposed re-categorisation of Council-owned community land at Fairfield Showground will take place on Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
The proposal is included in the Draft Fairfield Showground Plan of Management, which is currently available for public comment.
Categorisation of community land determines the way in which the land will be managed. The public hearing is an opportunity to comment on the existing and proposed categories of community land at Fairfield Showground, being natural area, sportsground, park and general community use.
The public hearing will be held:
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Time: 7 - 8pm
Venue: Red Gum Room
Parklands Function Centre
Smithfield Road, Prairiewood
RSVP: Friday 18 May, phone 9725 2333
The public hearing will be chaired by an independent chairperson. Submissions on the categories of community land will be heard and written submissions may be tabled at the hearing.
The draft Plan of Management can be viewed:
- Online – www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/FairfieldShowground,
- Fairfield City Council Administration Building, 86 Avoca Rd, Wakeley (Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.30pm),
- Fairfield Showground, 443 Smithfield Rd, Prairiewood,
- Whitlam Library, 165 Railway Pde, Cabramatta, and
- Wetherill Park Library, Stockland Wetherill Park, 561-583 Polding St, Wetherill Park.
Written comments regarding the draft Plan of Management can be submitted until 5.00pm, Monday 11 June via:
Mail: City Manager
Fairfield City Council
PO Box 21
Fairfield NSW 1860
Should you require further information on the draft Plan, please contact Cheryl Dewhurst on 9725 0311 or Chris Brown on 9725 0107.