Lunar New Year event program
Published Friday, 5th February 2016
The full event program for Fairfield City Council’s Lunar New Year event in Cabramatta has been released.
The acts and entertainment will thrill the thousands of visitors keen to experience this authentic celebration.
This must-see event will be held on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 February at Freedom Plaza, Cabramatta.
Welcome in the Year of the Monkey with Curious George, the world’s favourite monkey, the Feathered Friends free flight bird show and interactive rainforest display, opportunities to meet the God of Fortune, Lion Dances and traditional music and dance.
The full program is available on the Fairfield City Council website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/lunar-new-year.
- Performances by Dauntless Movement Crew, stunt enthusiasts
- Feathered Friends free flight bird show
- Curious George Adventure Show and meet and greet
- Performances by hip hop dance crew The Pioneers
- Food competitions including one handed prawn peeling and children’s chopstick challenge hosted by Cabramatta Bowls
- Shaolin Kung Fu Meditation temple contortionists
- Fashion Parades
- Traditional music and Dance
- Meet the God of Fortune
- Gold wishing tree
- Authentic food and dining options
Fairfield City Council is also proud to be involved in the Lunar New Year celebrations in Canley Heights this Saturday 6 February from 4pm – 10pm. The event will feature international musicians, an eating competition, traditional music and lion dance. Later in the evening, families can watch the dragon dance, a performance held especially for New Year, followed by a spectacular fireworks display at 8.45pm
Cabramatta, Canley Vale and Canley Heights are the South East Asian heart of Sydney and visitors can indulge in an authentic dining experience year round. There are hundreds of restaurants as well as grocers and specialty stores waiting to be discovered.
Media enquiries: Hannah Kilgore, Communications and
Phone: 9725 0166