Dutton Lane redevelopment at final stage
Published Monday, 8th August 2016
Council is pleased to inform the Cabramatta community that the Dutton Lane Redevelopment is at its final stage.
To date, the project has delivered:
- 275 new car spaces in the heart of town, which has noticeably improved traffic conditions.
- Two new lifts to assist people to move up and down the car park.
- New male, female and disabled toilets, which offer more sanitary facilities for the area than ever before.
- Civic space with public seating for residents and visitors to relax and to enjoy their experience.
- New footpaths and renewed Dutton Lane roadway.
These new facilities are now open to the public. Part of making the car park and facilities available earlier meant some of the overall works would be carried out during the initial operations of the car park.
The Cabramatta History Wall will be revealed on 16 August 2016. This will be the centrepiece of the civic space as it captures the heart and soul of Cabramatta as we know it today.
The leased shops in the centre are being fitted out and once completed, the new shopping centre will be officially opened for business. Shops coming soon include an Asian supermarket, newsagency with lotteries, fruit store, seafood store and restaurant, butcher, mobile store, fashion and cosmetic boutique.
There are still some shops available, however, they are leasing fast. To secure an opportunity in the new centre, please contact L.J Hooker Cabramatta or Laing and Simmons Cabramatta.
This redevelopment of Dutton Lane is part of Council’s commitment to deliver more parking and better facilities to the residents of Fairfield City to meet the needs and growth of our community.
Funded and owned by Council, income from the new car park and shopping centre will be invested back into community projects to keep making Fairfield City a great place to live.
Media enquiries: Mark
Phone: 9725 0166