Celebrate Father’s Day at the 2016 Cabramatta Moon Festival
Published Tuesday, 30th August 2016
Celebrate Father’s Day this Sunday at the Cabramatta Moon Festival. An estimated 90,000 people from across Sydney are expected to attend this free, family friendly event.
The festival observes a South East Asian tradition to thank the moon and the annual Moon Harvest. Today, the festival has become a unique celebration of world culture and is recognized as one of Sydney’s largest and most vibrant cultural attractions.
Festival goers are drawn to the global entertainment, delicious street food stalls, festival attractions and above all, the positive and united festival atmosphere.
What: 2016 Cabramatta Moon Festival
When: Sunday 4 September 2016
Where: Freedom Plaza Cabramatta
Time: 11am to 8pm
Blue Star Air Conditioning stage
- TIMOMATIC, singer, songwriter and dancer
- Prince Mak, popular Korean pop sensation
- The Avengers – Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow
Mekong Mounties Group stage
- Tasia and Gracia , 2016 My Kitchen Rules Winners
- Heather Jeong, renowned TV Chef and master of Korean cuisine
- Popular food eating competitions
Family Zone in Dutton Lane Loop
- Slick Ice Skating Rink
- Under 12s mega dance party hosted by DJ Jazzy
- Hula Hoop workshop with the SpinJoy dancers
- Meet Rexie, a 6-month-old interactive T-Rex
- Knafeh Jerusalem street food by the Bearded Bakers
- The Rolling Chefs, Canley Heights RSL food truck
- Holy Heffa Burgers
- Batman will arrive in his Batmobile
- Super Dad Challenge zone, tug of war, three legged race and more. Prizes to be won.
- Cabramatta’s longest lion dance parade
- The team from Bike n’ Blend will be on hand to mix smoothies using pedal power to encourage healthy eating, exercise and sustainable lifestyles
- Free face painting and kids activities
- Family rides precincts
The festival will finish off with a spectacular fire breathing show before the amazing fireworks finale.
Visit www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/moonfestival for more information.
Media enquiries: Suzie Sekulic, Communications and Marketing Officer
Phone: 9725 0166