- Council at its meeting held on 28 April 2020 resolved to adopt the Villawood Town Centre Development Control Plan (DCP) 2020.
ADOPTION OF VILLAWOOD TOWN CENTRE DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN 2020
Clause 21 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000
Council at its meeting held on 28 April 2020 resolved to adopt the Villawood Town Centre Development Control Plan (DCP) 2020.
The new DCP will set the planning framework for the Villawood Town Centre. It will:
- Ensure high quality development outcomes for residents and businesses within the proposed new development as well as the broader community,
- ensure safe and active streets and increased economic viability through retail/commercial activity, encourage more landscaping,
- vegetation and private open space in residential developments, and
- provide better and safer pedestrian links, appropriate vehicular access and on-site parking.
The provisions of the DCP will come into effect upon the Gazettal of Amendment No.31 to Fairfield Local Environmental Plan 2013.
The Villawood Town Centre DCP 2020 will be able to be viewed on Council’s website at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au (under Planning and Building > DCPs and Structure Plans) and in hard copy at Council’s Administration Centre at 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley during office hours. Access to Council’s website is available free of charge at all Council libraries for library members.
Enquiries in respect of this matter should be directed to Council’s Strategic Land Use Planning Team on 9725 0222.