- File Number
- Submission due
Monday 8 June 2020
Fairfield City Council is planning for the future and encouraging the community to have a say on proposed changes to the Fairfield Local Environmental Plan 2013 (Fairfield LEP 2013).
A number of the proposed amendments address Actions contained in the Fairfield City Council Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) 2040, prepared under the Accelerated LEP Review Program directed by the priorities of the Western City District Plan.
The Planning Proposal includes the following proposed amendments:
- Introduction of additional model clauses (active street frontages, design excellence and hospital helicopter airspace) that address priorities and actions contained in the Fairfield LSPS;
- Additional objectives under existing local clauses (floor space ratio and height of buildings) to better clarify the intention of local clauses, promote certainty for future development and identified desired urban design outcomes for new development;
- Extend the timeframe for temporary use of Council owned or managed land to promote greater activation of Council land, particularly the Fairfield Showground Site in Prairiewood;
- Amend Schedule 2 – Exempt Development to include development relating to temporary use of Council owned/managed land, display of goods on Council footpaths and emergency works on Council land;
- Update property details of heritage listed sites to promote greater certainty for the future development and preservation of these sites; and
- Rezone various parcels to be consistent with the current use of the land and/or correct minor zoning anomalies affecting the properties at 18 Butler Avenue Bossley Park, 61 Hill Street Cabramatta and 47 Brown Road Bonnyrigg.
The Planning Proposal including all supporting documents can be downloaded in the links below or viewed at Council’s Administration Centre at 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley during office hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
PLANNING PROPOSAL - FAIRFIELD ACCELERATED LEP (STAGE 1)(PDF, 1MB)
PP APPENDIX A GATEWAY DETERMINATION AND GATEWAY LETTER(PDF, 999KB)
APPENDIX B FAIRFIELD LSPS 2040(PDF, 11MB)
APPENDIX C REPORTS TO THE CITY MANAGER(PDF, 784KB)
APPENDIX D MINUTES OF FAIRFIELD LOCAL PLANNING PANEL - SEPT 2019
APPENDIX E AMENDMENTS TO SCHEDULE 5 - HERITAGE ITEMS(PDF, 299KB)
APPENDIX F AMENDMENTS TO ZONING AND LEP MAPS(PDF, 3MB)
- Notes on Submissions
Have your say – Make a submission
Written submissions can be made to Council no later than (Monday 8 June 2020) by:
- Email to: email@example.com Subject: Ref 19/25670 Planning Proposal Submission – LEP Stage 1;
- Mail to: Fairfield City Council, Ref: 19/25670, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860,or;
- Delivered in person at Council’s Administration Centre, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley NSW 2176.
For more information, contact Fairfield Council’s Strategic Land Use Planning Branch on (02) 9725 0159 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Subject: Question LEP Stage 1 Planning Proposal).
Confidentiality of Submissions – Any submissions made to Council are publicly accessible under the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. The content of your submission will not be kept confidential, however you may request for your name and address to be kept private and censored from any future publications.
Disclosure of Political Donations and Gifts – If you intend to make a submission you may be affected by the requirements of s147 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act. Please refer to Political Donations and Gifts Disclosure Statement or phone 9725 0222 for further information on the requirements to disclose political donations and gifts to Councillors and/or Council employees.