Books and other materials may be recommended for purchase if they are not held by Fairfield City Open Libraries. While we value your suggestions, we do not purchase every title or item requested.
Search our Library Catalogue first to confirm that your suggested item is not already held in our collection.
How do I suggest an item for purchase?
There are two ways in which you can suggest a purchase:
- Online - via Fairfield City Libraries website. Complete and submit an online Suggest a Purchase form
- In person - by visiting a Fairfield City Open Library where library staff can assist you to place a request
What information is required?
To complete the online Suggest a Purchase form, enter the following details:
- Library card number
- Title of the item, and if known, other information such as author and publication date
- Type of item i.e. book, DVD
What can I suggest to purchase?
Fairfield City Open Libraries will consider items that:
- Are available for purchase through our suppliers
- Are suitable for a public library
- Have been published in the last 3 years or are part of a popular series. DVD suggestions will be accepted only after they have been released for sale in Australia
Magazine titles are assessed annually and suggested titles will be considered as part of this process.
Requests for DVDs in languages other than English are not able to be supplied.
eBooks and eAudiobooks can be suggested for purchase through our Cloud Library. Use the filter "Suggest for library."
How will I know if my suggestion is purchased?
When the item is purchased, a reservation will be placed or in the case of eBooks you will be notified by email..