Your Local Parks
About Your Local Parks
Fairfield City has a wide variety of open space consisting of 200 formal and informal parks and 90 sports grounds with playing fields and sports courts. See full list of parks here(PDF, 378KB).
Fairfield City has four District Parks - Fairfield, Cabramatta, Wetherill Park and Bonnyrigg Town Centre.
Fairfield District Park
Vine St, Fairfield
Adventure Playground, toilets, picnic shelter, BBQs.
Bonnyrigg Town Centre Park
Cnr Smithfield Rd & Elizabeth Dr, Edensor Park
Playground, toilets, picnic shelter, skate park, basketball court.
Wetherill Park Reserve
Victoria St, Wetherill Park
Playground, toilets, picnic shelter, walking circuit.
Cabravale Memorial Park
Railway Pde, Cabramatta
Playground, toilets, basketball court, bandstands, carpark.
Fairfield City also has a number of Parks that we recognise as providing an exceptional play experience. These hubs for recreational activity are called “Super Parks”. If you are looking for a Super Park in your local area you can browse the map above for the purple markers.
Parks in Western Sydney Parklands
Western Sydney Parklands is the largest parkland area in Fairfield City and one of the largest parks in Australia. The Parklands have many picnic and barbecue facilities, playgrounds, walking trails, and bushland and district views. Download Park Map.
Park Policies & Planning
No smoking in our parks
All of Fairfield City Council sportsfields and parks are smoke-free. Smoking of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco is banned. Download Council's Puff Free Parks Policy(PDF, 111KB).
Plans of Management
A Plan of Management broadly outlines the long-term use (5-10 years), development and management of community land.
It provides a framework for priority-setting and decision-making for operational plans and the day-to-day management of the land.
A Plan of Management can be specific to one particular location or be generic and include a number of similar areas of land.
Generic Plans of Management
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management, incorporating land categorised as Parks, General Community Use, Natural Area-Watercourse, Natural Area – Wetland, Natural- Area Foreshore.
- Generic Natural Areas Bushland.
- Generic Sportsground.
Individual Plans of Management
General community use:
- Canley Heights Town Square and adjoining car park
- Fairfield Showground
- Cabramatta & Prairiewood Leisure Centres and Prairiewood Youth and Community Centre
- Fairfield City Golf Course Plan of Management
Natural areas and reserves:
- Bossley Road Reserve
- Cabramatta Creek Wetland
- de Freitas Wetland
- Derwent Place Reserve , including Quarry Road Reserve, Mersey Close Reserve and Barron Place reserve
- Fairfield Indigenous Flora Park, including Christie Street Reserve
- Flying-fox Reserve
- Gordon Street Reserve, includes Bland Street Reserve
- Sartor Crescent Reserve including Coolatai Crescent Reserve, Whitlam Avenue Reserve and Britten Place Reserve
- Bonnyrigg Town Centre Park
- Cabravale Memorial Park
- Elizabeth Drive and Simpson Road (Aplin reserve)
- Fairfield Park includes Heiden Park and Oakdene Park
- Wetherill Park Reserve
- Wilson Road Reserve
- Allambie Park, including adjacent areas of Community Land along Orphan School Creek and between Cowpasture and Belfield Roads
- Brenan Park
- Cabramatta Sportsground
- Carrawood Park, includes Lansdowne Bridge Reserve & Waterside Ave Reserve
- Cherrybrook Reserve
- Emerson Park
- Endeavour Park
- Horsley Park Reserve
- Irelands Bridge Reserve
- Joe Broad Memorial Park and Tresalam Street Reserve
- Lalich Park includes Amaroo Street Reserve, Hamel Road Reserve, Horton Road Reserve and Stefanie Place Park
- Marconi Park
- Parkes Reserve
- Powhaten Park including Comache Reserve, Arrowhead Reserve, Mimosa Road Reserve
- Rosford Park including Janice Crosio Oval and Rhondda Street Reserve
- Smithfield Reserve
- St Johns Park Reserve
- Stockdale Park including Gleeson Place Reserve
- Strong Reserve
Browse Plans of Management