You can also find out your next kerbside collection by contacting Council on 9725 0222. You will receive a brochure in your mailbox about one week before your collection.
What you CAN place out on your Kerb for Collection
- Furniture and bulky household items.
- Whitegoods and metal items.
- Small household items in boxes or bags.
- Garden waste in bags or cut, tied and bundled in lengths no longer than 1.5 metres.
What you CANNOT place out on your Kerb for Collection
- NO Hazardous materials including chemicals, paints or oils
- NO Building materials
- NO Car parts
- NO Tyres
- NO Gas bottles
- NO Batteries
- NO Glass and mirrors
- NO Tree stumps, dirt or rocks
- NO Garbage and recycling
- NO Items that are too large or heavy for two people to carry
- A maximum of two cubic metres (one box trailer load) can be presented per household.
- Put your items out on the kerbside on the weekend before your scheduled collection day.
- Items must be piled neatly and must not block the footpath or spill on to the road.
- Keep your items clear of trees and poles.
- For safety reasons, doors must be removed from whitegoods before placing them out for collection.
For more information call Council on 9725 0222.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is my next kerbside clean-up collection?
All residential properties receive two free scheduled kerbside clean-up collections each year to dispose of bulky household items. You can find your next collection date using the When is my collection day tool. You will receive a brochure in your mailbox a week prior to your collection day to remind you.
- What can I put out for my kerbside clean-up collection?
To find out what you can and can’t put out for your kerbside clean-up collection visit the Kerbside Clean-up Collection page. If you have items that Council does not accept, visit the Recycling & Waste Guide section for a list of disposal options.
- Can I have an extra bulky household waste collection?
Yes. Council provides paid on-call collections of bulky household items. Call 9725 0222 to obtain a quote.
- What can I do if I see dumped rubbish?
You can report dumped rubbish to Council by calling 9725 0222. Council will investigate and issue fines to those responsible.