Household Asbestos Collection Program
Need to get rid of some loose asbestos from your home safely?
Fairfield City Council will be collecting up to 10 square metres of loose bonded asbestos from residential properties in March and November 2021.
- Registration is required as places are strictly limited.
- No more than 10 square metres will be collected per property
- Photos of loose and bonded asbestos must be provided when registering.
- The asbestos must be non-friable (not able to be turned into powder easily)
- The asbestos must be detached from the building.
- Registrations from previous asbestos programs may be refused.
Registration opens from mid February for March collections and mid October for November collections.
Register online by following Council events on Eventbrite or call 9725 0222.
When you register, please send photos of the asbestos to be collected to email@example.com or 0417 908 499 and quote your booking number and address.
The photo must show the loose and bonded asbestos next to a common household item such as a Council garbage bin, a shovel or a bucket so we can estimate the amount of asbestos you have.
Please call 9725 0222 for more information.
Asbestos in the home
If your home was built or renovated before 1987 it will most likely contain asbestos.
Asbestos can be found in places such as the walls, ceilings and floors of kitchens, bathrooms, laundries, outdoor toilets, sheds and garages.
If sealed, left undisturbed and in good condition asbestos doesn't pose a health risk. However, if disturbed, fibres are released which can be inhaled and cause asbestos-related diseases.
Before you renovate your home, find out where asbestos could be and how to deal with it safely.
For more information about asbestos please visit the SafeWork NSW website.