Getting to Fairfield
Fairfield is accessible by train, bus and car, but you should plan your trip in advance as there will be road closures during Fairfield Spring Fest.
Fairfield station falls on the T2 Inner West & Leppington Line, T3 Bankstown Line or T5 Cumberland Line.
From Central Station, your journey will take between 45 minutes and one hour.
Visit https://transportnsw.info/ for all the details you need to plan your trip.
For timetable and fare details, visit the Transport NSW Infoline website at https://transportnsw.info/.
By Car - for freeway drivers from the City
Allow at least one hour if driving from Sydney's CBD.
- Take the M5 and exit at the Hume Highway, Liverpool. Turn right onto the Hume Highway, then left onto the Cumberland Highway, turn right onto Hamilton Road and then left onto Barbara Street, you have arrived to Fairfield City Centre. You can also take the Hume Highway from the CBD.
- Take the M4 and exit at South Wentworthville for the Cumberland Highway.
- From Penrith or Parramatta, drive south along the Cumberland Highway to Fairfield City.
- The Westlink M7 also provide access to Fairfield City.
For the latest traffic information check Live Traffic NSW.
There is car parks and street parking available in Fairfield, subject to availability.
- Downey Lane
- Nelson Street
- The Crescent
- Fairfield Forum
- Fairfield City Central
For information about parking at Fairfield City Central please visit the parking page on the Fairfield City Central website.
Event road closures will be effective during Fairfield Spring Fest.
Temporary road closures will come into effect from 7pm, Friday 23 September until 5am, Monday 26 September 2022.
Major roads closed:
- William Street (from Harris Street to Hamilton Road),
- Harris Street (from Barbara Street to Ware Street),
- A portion of Downey Lane (exit onto Harris Street). Vehicles will be re-directed by Traffic Controllers.
Limited access for residents, business and service vehicles from:
- 7pm, Friday 23 September to 12am, Saturday 24 September; and
- 12am to 5am, Monday 26 September 2022.
Download a copy of the road closure map(PDF, 147KB)