Council has been successful in obtaining funding under Local Roads Package of Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan (WSIP) for the installation of a roundabout at the intersection of Allambie Road and Belfield Road. The proposed roundabout will improve the movement and safety of vehicles at the intersection for the growing population.
The above proposal comprises the following:
- Constructing a mountable roundabout, splitter islands and kerb blister;
- Installation of a kerb blister outside Governor Philip King Public School, Edensor Park;
- Modifying the existing double barrier lines and edge lines at/near the intersection to improve delineation;
- Installation of regulatory signs including “No Stopping” restrictions and other signage associated with the works;
- The relocation of the existing “No Parking, 8.00am – 9.30am and 2.30pm – 4.00pm, School Days” zone outside the school and to retain the same number of drop-off and pick-up spaces;
- Removing the existing kerb ramps, footpaths and splitter islands at/near the intersection;
- Constructing new kerb ramps adjacent to property numbers 62 Allambie Road, 64-66 Allambie Road and Governor Philip King Public School to facilitate pedestrians crossing at the intersection; and
- Constructing new footpath outside property number 64-66 Allambie Road.
There will be a loss of 10 on-street parking spaces as part of this proposal during the school zone hours (8.00am – 9.30am and 2.30pm – 4.00pm) on school days. However, it should be noted that the loss of on-street parking spaces during the school zone hours are 2 spaces.
Fairfield City Council is now consulting with the affected stakeholders and relevant authorities before finalising the design and approving the works. Should you wish to make a submission regarding the proposal, please email your comments to email@example.com or mail them to Council at PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860 by Friday, 17 March 2023.
Please see the PDF link for a copy of the concept plan.
Should you have any further enquiries regarding this matter, please contact us on 9725 0222.