Council has been successful in obtaining funding under Local Roads Package of Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan (WSIP) for the installation of a roundabout at the intersection of Edensor Road and Sweethaven Road. The proposed roundabout will improve the movement and safety of vehicles at the intersection for the growing population.
There will be a loss of ten (10) on-street parking spaces as part of this proposal. The reason for the loss of parking is to facilitate the swept path of vehicles including service vehicles and buses at the intersection.
The above proposal comprises the following:
- Constructing a mountable roundabout, splitter islands and kerb blister;
- Installation of a kerb blister in front of 182 and 184 Sweethaven Road, Edensor Park;
- Modifying the existing double barrier lines and edge lines at/near the intersection to improve delineation;
- Installation of regulatory signs including “No Stopping” restrictions and other signage associated with the works. The installation of “No Stopping” restrictions would result in the loss of approximately ten (10) on-street parking spaces at the intersection;
- Proposed road widening and reconstruction of the driveways at 180 and 182 Sweethaven Road;
- Constructing new kerb ramps adjacent to property numbers 180 Swethaven Road, 182 Sweethaven Road and Council Road reserve to facilitate pedestrians crossing at the intersection;
- Constructing new footpaths adjacent to Council Road Reserve; and
- Installation of landscape at/near the intersection.
Council is seeking comments from the affected stakeholders regarding the proposal. Submissions in writing either by way of support or objection must reach Council by Friday, 17 March 2023. Should you wish to make a submission regarding the proposal, please email your comments to email@example.com or mail them to Council at PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
Please see the PDF link for a copy of the concept plan.
Should you have any further enquiries regarding this matter, please contact us on 9725 0222.