Council has been successful in obtaining funding under Local Roads Package of Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan (WSIP) for the installation of a roundabout at the intersection of Sweethaven Road and Cheyenne Road. The proposed roundabout will improve the movement and safety of vehicles at the intersection for the growing population.
There will be a loss of three (3) on-street parking spaces as part of this proposal. The reason for the loss of parking is to facilitate the swept path of vehicles including service vehicles and buses at the intersection.
The above proposal comprises the following:
- Constructing a mountable roundabout, splitter islands and kerb blister;
- Installation of a kerb blister in front of 71 Sweethaven Road, Edensor Park;
- Modifying the existing double barrier lines and edge lines at/near the intersection to improve delineation;
- Installation of regulatory signs including “No Stopping” restrictions and other signage associated with the works. The installation of “No Stopping” restrictions would result in the loss of approximately 3 on-street parking spaces at the intersection; and
- Constructing new kerb ramps adjacent to property numbers 1 Cheyenne Road, 71 Sweethaven Road and 2 Cheyenne Road to facilitate pedestrians crossing at the intersection.
Fairfield City Council is now consulting with the affected residents and relevant authorities before finalising the design and approving the works. Should you wish to make a submission regarding the proposal, please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Council at PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860 by Friday, 17 March 2023.
Please see the PDF link for a copy of the concept plan.
Should you have any further enquiries regarding this matter, please contact us on 9725 0222.