Cycling & Bike Groups
Register your attendance to to Free Guided Bike Tour on Thursday 20 September by clicking the image above.
NSW Bike Week - Free Bike Ride
Celebrate Bike Week 2018. Jump on your bike and join us for a fun-filled bike ride discovering Fairfield City's beautiful parks and attractions on an easy 20km roundtrip cycle with the family.
On Thursday 20 September at 9.00am meet at Western Sydney Cycling Network clubhouse, Fairfield Showground, Prairiewood (Moonlight Rd entrance) return back to club house at 12.00pm.
What you need to know
- All cyclists must wear a correctly fitted helmet
- Children under 16years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants should have their bike in good working order.
- Bring a water bottle and sunscreen.
- Guided by experienced ride leaders familiar with the route.
Registration is essential. To register your attendance see the Eventbrite link here.
About the Western Sydney Cycling Network
The Western Sydney Cycling Network (WSCN) promotes cycling for health, lifestyle and commuting.
You can also:
- be trained to repair and maintain bikes.
- become a ride leader or cycling coach.
- assist other volunteers to manage the loan of bikes to the public
- take part in community cycling events.
Last Wednesday of every month from 7.00pm at the WSCN Clubhouse at Fairfield Showground – the nearest entrance is via Moonlight Road.
Contact Club President Joe Farrugia M: 0403 323 273 or Ride Coordinator, Doug Draper on M: 0411 615 867.
The recycled bicycles provide affordable bicycles to members of the community
Residents who would like to hire a bicycle need to pay a one-off fee. Helmets also available.
Free Community Bike Rides
Held on the first Sunday of every month. led by certified ride leaders and/or local cyclists and designed to familiarise riders with local cycle routes and features of the area.
All rides depart from the WSCN clubhouse at 9.30am sharp, with a 9am sign-on and bike check.
Bicycle recycling - The Western Sydney Cycling Network accepts donations of disused bicycles to recycle for community use. Please note they are unable to accept bikes that are rusty or in a state of disrepair.