Book-in Kerbside Clean-Up
This service is provided to help residents to dispose of larger household items. Each household receives two free book-in kerbside clean-up collections per year.
Households can present a maximum of two cubic metres (equivalent to one box trailer load) of materials. The materials must be placed neatly on nature strip no earlier than 24 hours before your booked collection date.
Residents living in a building complex of twelve (12) or more units or buildings within the CBD will need to contact their managing body to organise a collection.
This service is very popular so remember to book in early and plan ahead.
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Once you have made your booking, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS with your confirmed date.
You can also call Council on (02) 9725 0222 to make a booking.
How to present your clean-up
- Neatly place items on your kerbside and ensure they don't obstruct the footpath or spill on the road
- Place items out no earlier than 24 hours prior to your confirmed collection date
- Separate garden waste, metals and bulky items
- Materials should not exceed the size restriction of 2 cubic metres or one box trailer load per collection
- Remove doors from whitegoods before placing out for collection
- No vehicles are parked in front of your waste for ease of access
Accepted Items - What you CAN place out for collection
- Electronic items
- Household items
- White goods and metal appliances
- Small household items in boxes or bags
- Garden waste in bags or cut, tied and bundled in lengths no longer than 1.5 metres.
Not Accepted Items - What you CAN NOT place out for collection
- Items longer than 1.5 metres and cannot be safely moved by 2 people
- Hazardous materials such as: paint, chemicals, solvents, batteries, oils, gas bottles, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
- Mirrors and glass items such as windows, shower screens or glass tabletops
- Car parts, card bodies, engine blocks or tyres
- Decaying matter and general household garbage
- Trade or commercial waste including liquid or business waste
- Building or construction waste including, but not limited to: asbestos, fibro, plaster board, insulation batts, dirt, sand, stones, bricks, concrete, tiles and solar panels.