Fairfield City Council aims to provide our customers with a high standard of service.
Do you want to report an issue or problem in the local area?
Disputes, grievances and issues of concern about pollution, public health and safety, building matters and animals can be investigated when requests are submitted. Details on how to submit your requests are below.
Waste and pollution
- Waste Request online form will assist you to report missed bin collection, damaged bins and stolen/missing bins.
- Report Illegal Dumping online form will assist you to report illegal dumping. The Dob in a Dumper program encourages members of the community who witness illegal dumping to report it to Fairfield City Council immediately. If the information provided results in a successful prosecution, reporters are eligible for a reward of up to $500. Alternatively you can call 131 555 to report illegal dumping to The NSW Environment Protection Authority's Environment Line.
- Report littering with helpful information provided by the NSW EPA website.
- Report pollution: use the Report to EPA free mobile app to report pollution to the Environment Protection Authority (EPA)
- Neighbourhood noise, such as alarms, equipment and parties please visit the EPA's neighbourhood noise page.
- Report any lost, stolen or abandoned shopping trolleys to the collector services with a list of contacts.
Residents are encouraged to notify Council of problem graffiti locations via the following:
- Sign up to VandalTrak and report graffiti online. Or via the VandalTrak app, available for Apple or Android.
- Or contact Council's Customer Service team on 9725 0222.
Report Serious Misconduct
Council has a responsibility to prevent serious wrongdoing and misconduct. The Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 (PID Act) sets in place a system to encourage public officials to report serious wrongdoing.
Council supports this by establishing and maintaining a working environment that encourages public officials to report wrongdoing and that supports them when they do. This includes keeping the identity of reporters confidential where practical and appropriate and taking steps to protect reporters from reprisal and manage workplace conflict.
Council's Public Interest Disclosure Policy outlines how a report can be made and what should be reported. It also outlines how a report will be dealt with by the Council.
A public official wishing to report corrupt conduct, maladministration, serious and substantial waste of public money, breach of the GIPA Act or a local government pecuniary interest contravention to the Council is encouraged to use the Public Interest Reporting Form(PDF, 107KB).
This form can be submitted by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Fairfield City Council PO Box 21 Fairfield NSW 1861 addressed to the Public Interest Disclosures Coordinator
- Phone 02 9725 0226
Alternatively you can lodge online using the online form here.
We value your compliments and feedback and encourage you to provide us with your comments on the products and services provided by the City as well as our performance.
A complaint can generally be described as "dissatisfaction with services or products of the City and its contractors, or with the action of employees or Council in the provision of those services or products".
Fairfield City Council has a formal procedure when dealing with complaints. A nominated officer will assess your complaint to determine the best course of action and may refer your complaint to another officer/service unit if a more technical response is required.
Each complaint received will be acknowledged and we aim to respond to your comments within five (5) working days of receipt. Should the investigation require more time you will be contacted with an interim response before responding with a full and detailed reply and/or resolution.
The Council understands that there may be situations that you do not feel comfortable with and do not wish to provide your personal information.
We encourage you to provide us with contact details to enable us to respond. If you wish to remain anonymous please understand that feedback cannot be provided to you and this will limit our ability to successfully resolve your complaint.