Fairfield City Council is giving away 10 Christmas hampers (value of $150 each) to 10 winners.
The hampers will be delivered on the night photos are taken of the house. If the resident is not home they can collect the hampers at Council’s Administration Centre between Monday 19 and Wednesday 21 December 2022.
Monday 21 November 2022 to 12pm on Friday 16 December 2022.
Winners will be selected based on the number of likes their home receives on social media, and announced via Facebook on Monday 19 December 2022. The winners will be the occupants of the homes pictured.
Local residents are invited to take a photo of their Christmas-decorated house in the Fairfield Local Government Area and direct message their photo, full name and address to the Fairfield City Council Facebook page.
Fairfield City Council will compile an album of the tagged photos and the 10 houses with the most likes as at 12pm on Monday 19 December 2022 will win a hamper.
Terms and conditions
By entering into Fairfield City Council’s (‘Promoter’) competition, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Entry instructions and prize information form part of these conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
- Employees and their household members of the Promoter (Fairfield City Council) are excluded from this promotion.
- All houses must be located within the Fairfield Local Government Area.
- Competition commences on Monday 21 November 2022. Entries close at 12pm on Friday 16 December 2022. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- Only entries submitted via direct message to Fairfield City Council’s Facebook page will be accepted.
- Fairfield City Council (and Council authorised third parties) reserves the right to use the photographs for promotional material.
- All streets will be advertised, excluding house numbers.
- Fairfield City Council will not be liable for damaged or stolen Christmas decorations including lights or damage to other property.
- Fairfield City Council, nor the parties involved, will not accept any responsibility or be liable for any injury, loss or damage to an entrant’s property as a result of participation in the Christmas Lights Competition.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- By entering into the promotion you accept all conditions of entry including these terms and conditions. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Entries will be voted by the number of ‘likes’ and the top 10 houses with the most likes as at 12pm on Monday 19 December 2022 will win a hamper.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence.
- Entrants must be able to collect the prize if selected, as a winner at Council’s Administration Building, 86 Avoca Road Wakeley or delivery to a preferred address can be arranged. Winners will be announced via Facebook on Monday 19 December 2022.
- The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
10 winners will be selected from eligible entries based on the most amount of ‘likes’ on Fairfield City Council’s Facebook page.
The winners will be announced on the Fairfield City Council’s Facebook page on Monday 19 December 2022.
Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be considered valid.
The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity and proof of age in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entry that contains inappropriate material or those that were submitted in an inappropriate manner, which may include, but is not limited to, actions relating to computer hacking, breach of copyright or other intellectual property rights and actions that breach any relevant laws.
10 winners will be selected based on the number of likes their image received for the Christmas hampers (worth $150 each).
The winners will be able to collect the prize pack from Council’s Administration Building, 86 Avoca Road Wakeley.
The winners must collect the prize between Monday 19 and Wednesday 21 December 2022 within business hours (8.30am to 4.30pm)
If the winner for whatever reason is unable to participate in the prize then the winner will forfeit that element of the prize.
The prize is not transferable or exchangeable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
The Promoter may cancel the promotion and not award the prize(s) where circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control prevent the Promoter from providing the prize(s). Should the Promoter cancel the Promotion, the Promoter will:
I. Advertise that the Promotion has been cancelled by placing a notice on the Fairfield City Council website, Fairfield City Council Facebook page
II. Promptly destroy all entries received; and
III. Not use the personal information you have provided on the entry form.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ addresses (excluding house numbers) may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
The personal information you have provided to us will only be used for the purpose of administering the Promotion, to contact you if you are the winner of the Promotion, advising the public of the winner of the Promotion. This may be by any means of communication including social media, telephone and electronic messages (eg. email). If the information requested is not provided, you may not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter (email@example.com) and not to any social media platform used in conjunction with this promotion (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter). Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter).
An entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the entrant is a winner, publish or cause to be published the entrant’s address (excluding house numbers) in any media or social media platform.
The Promoter is Fairfield City Council ABN 83 140 439 239, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley NSW 2165. Contact phone number is (02) 9725 0222.