Competition winners have been announced on Council's and Mayor's Facebook.
Council wants to thank everyone for entering in our annual Christmas lights competition.
Houses voted with the best Christmas lights are:
- Nerli Street, Abbotsbury
- Cartier Street, Bonnyrigg
- Polding Street, Fairfield Heights
- Serpentine Street, Bossley Park
- Shakespeare Street, Wetherill Park
- Rawson Road, Fairfield West
- The Boulevevarde, Smithfield
- Chadwick Crescent, Fairfield West
- Candlewood Street, Bossley Park
- Jessie Street, Smithfield
To ensure the safety of our community during Christmas lights viewing, it is important residents attracting crowds to their home to maintain safety measures.
According to NSW Health up to 20 visitors may visit another household at any one time. The total number of visitors includes adults and children. (A member of the household is not counted as a visitor). Please limit the number of people on your property at any given time.
Fairfield City Council is giving away 10 Christmas hampers (value of $150 each) to 10 winners, split into 5 winners on each Facebook page.
The competition will run separately on Fairfield City Council's Facebook page and The Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone's Facebook page.
The hampers can be collected at Council’s Administration Centre between Tuesday 15 and Friday 18 December 2020.
Fairfield City Council Facebook: Tuesday 2 December 2020 - Friday 11 Sunday 2020
Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone: Monday 30 November 2020 to midnight on Sunday 13 December 2020.
Winners will be selected based on the number of likes their home receives on social media, and announced via Facebook on Tuesday 15 December 2020. The winners will be the occupants of the homes pictured.
Local residents are invited to take a photo of your Christmas-decorated house in the Fairfield local government area and upload the photo in the comments section on the Competition post:
The competition will run separately on Council's Facebook and the Mayor's Facebook, with the top 5 homes with the most likes on each page's competition post will a hamper.
to enter Council's competition:
To enter the Mayor's competition: https://www.facebook.com/FC.FrankCarbone/photos/a.317226585154247/1478391142371113/
Terms and conditions
By entering into Fairfield City Council’s or The Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone competition, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Entry instructions and prize information form part of these conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions of entry.
- Employees and their household members of the Promoter (Fairfield City Council & The Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone Facebook pages) are excluded from this promotion.
- All houses must be located within the Fairfield Local Government Area.
- Council's competition commences on Tuesday 2 December 2020. Entries close at midnight on Friday 11 December 2020. No entries will be accepted after this date. Only entries sent via Facebook imbox will be accepted.
- Mayor's competition post commences Monday 30 November 2020. Entries/voting closes Sunday 13 December 2020 at midnight.
- Entrants can only win once. If the same entry is submitted on both Facebook pages (Fairfield City Council & Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone) the promoter will accept only one entry with the most likes and disqualify the other even if it's one of the top five winners in the competition.
- Fairfield City Council (and Council authorised third parties) reserves the right to use the photographs for promotional material.
- All streets will be advertised, excluding house numbers.
- Fairfield City Council will not be liable for damaged or stolen Christmas decorations including lights or damage to other property.
- Fairfield City Council, nor the parties involved, will not accept any responsibility or be liable for any injury, loss or damage to an entrant’s property as a result of participation in the Christmas Lights Competition.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- By entering into the promotion you accept all conditions of entry including these terms and conditions. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Entries will be voted by the number of ‘likes’ and the top 5 houses on each page with the most likes as at Monday 12 midday 14 December 2020 will win a hamper. The Mayor's competition post will end Sunday 13 December at midnight.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence.
- Entrants must be able to collect the prize if selected, as a winner at Council’s Administration Building, 86 Avoca Road Wakeley or delivery to a preferred address can be arranged. Winners will be announced via Facebook on Monday 14 December 2020.
- The Promoter, its agents, affiliates or representatives will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
10 winners will be selected from eligible entries based on the most amount of ‘likes’ on Fairfield City Council’s Facebook and The Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone competition posts.
The winners will be announced on the Fairfield City Council’s Facebook page and the The Mayor of Fairfield Frank Carbone on Monday 14 December 2020.
Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be considered valid.
The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of identity and proof of age in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entry that contains inappropriate material or those that were submitted in an inappropriate manner, which may include, but is not limited to, actions relating to computer hacking, breach of copyright or other intellectual property rights and actions that breach any relevant laws.
10 winners will be selected based on the number of likes their image received for the Christmas hampers (worth $150 each).
The winners will be able to collect the prize pack from Council’s Administration Building, 86 Avoca Road Wakeley.
The winners must collect the prize between Monday 14 and Friday 18 December 2020 within business hours (8.30am to 4.30pm)
If the winner for whatever reason is unable to participate in the prize then the winner will forfeit that element of the prize.
The prize is not transferable or exchangeable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
The Promoter may cancel the promotion and not award the prize(s) where circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control prevent the Promoter from providing the prize(s). Should the Promoter cancel the Promotion, the Promoter will:
I. Advertise that the Promotion has been cancelled by placing a notice on the Fairfield City Council website, Fairfield City Council Facebook page
II. Promptly destroy all entries received; and
III. Not use the personal information you have provided on the entry form.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ addresses (excluding house numbers) may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
The personal information you have provided to us will only be used for the purpose of administering the Promotion, to contact you if you are the winner of the Promotion, advising the public of the winner of the Promotion. This may be by any means of communication including social media, telephone and electronic messages (eg. email). If the information requested is not provided, you may not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter (email@example.com) and not to any social media platform used in conjunction with this promotion (including, but not limited to, Facebook or Instagram). Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter).
An entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the entrant is a winner, publish or cause to be published the entrant’s address (excluding house numbers) in any media or social media platform.
The Promoter is Fairfield City Council ABN 83 140 439 239, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley NSW 2165. Contact phone number is (02) 9725 0222.