9 February 2022
The aims of the Planning Proposal is to facility future redevelopment of the Cabramatta Town Centre East Precinct as supported by the actions contained within the Fairfield Local Strategic Planning Statement 2040.
The Planning Proposal seeks to amend certain development standards the apply to the precinct under the Fairfield Local Environmental Plan 2013 by:
- Increasing the maximum allowable height of building from 14 metres to a range between 48 metres and 66 metres;
- Increasing the maximum allowable floor space ration from 2:1 to a range between 3.85:1 and 6.45:1;
- Amending the minimum site area provisions on the Town Centre Precinct map to facilitate staged future re-development of four (4) sub-precincts; and
- Create an additional Local Clause 7.9 - Cabramatta - Area E to ensure an adequate provision of residential accommodation over the precinct and to ensure that land uses on the ground floor provide active frontages and minimise security risks.
The intended development outcome for the site is based upon a conceptual master plan, which seeks to facilitate future redevelopment of the precinct for:
- A mix of retail/ commercial floor space and residential apartments (up to 582 dwellings) including basement car parking;
- An overhead pedestrian bridge linking the site to Cabramatta Railway Station;
- Activated street frontages and clear pedestrian access ways through the site; and
- Open air public market space to activate the retail/ commercial area east of the railway line.
Draft Site Specific Development Control plan (SSDCP)
The SSDCP will guide appropriate future development to achieve the desired future character of the precinct and aim to promote activated pedestrian connections through the wider precincts of Cabramatta Town Centre.
Draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA)
The Draft VPA offers associated public benefits to the local community provided by the development. The offer valued at approximately $4.2 million dollars seeks to construct an overhead pedestrian bridge linking the railway station to the eastern side of Cabramatta.
Make a submission
The planning proposal and other supporting material is on public exhibition for 28 days from Wednesday 12 January to Wednesday 9 February 2022 and can be viewed online and in hard copy at Council's Administration Building, 86 Avoca Road, Wakeley, 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Written submissions must be received by Council before 4:30pm on Wednesday 9 February 2022.
Send submissions to Fairfield City Council, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860 or send an email to email@example.com
Please quote: Reference No. 21/21494